Posts by beaver316

Thanks for the update. Very encouraging! May is not too far away, I'm really looking forward to hearing more on its sound signature. We need some info to wet our appetites...
With all the attention the HE-560 is getting, it seems everyone's forgotten about the HE-400i. There's been a serious lack of info on it....
 Thanks for the impressions. I've been considering getting a nice portable amp and that Pico Power looks good.
 Well their signature is not for everyone. I'm just hoping it retains the bass, maybe with a tad more extension, and smooths out the top end (upper mids and treble), while keeping the somewhat dark presentation. That, with the increased comfort, lighter weight, improved cable, pads etc would make it end game for me.
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560 http://www.head-fi.org/t/698974/hifiman-he-400i-impressions-and-discussion You might want to take a look at those threads. Price will be 499$, performance not a lot is known yet.
Jerg, you havent yet commented on the HE-560 vs the HE-400 which you own. How does they're bass compare in terms of speed, tightness, thump, extensions, and finally you're preference. Also other aspects like soundstage, air, mids and the like.   I'm strongly considering either the HE-560 or HE-400i, but I'm not sure the HE-560's tonal balance is to my liking. I'm hoping the HE-400i will be a little darker than the HE-560 and have bass closer to the HE-400 in terms of...
 Yeah that's something I feared. I have a lot of pop/dance tracks and neutral headphones may not pair too well. I'm now more eager than ever to hear about the HE-400i's sound signature.  Looking forward to more impressions...
Jerg, do you think that with modern pop music which is usually mastered bright, that these headphones might sound harsh as a result of their extended treble?
 Agreed. The old Hifiman pads were pretty flimsy, but the ones on the HE-400/HE-500 are quite durable. I'm quite forceful when swapping pads around and they hold up well.
 Don't worry dude I trust you. I must have gotten the idea from your posts, but I believe I was the first to actually make the modded pads as you can see from my links. Anyway I didn't mean to start something lol, it's not like Hifiman will actually send the person with the original idea/implementation a pair?