Posts by beaver316

I think we'll be shipping back to China, not the US. Dunno if that makes things any better for you though! One thing I'm curious about though, will be have to pay taxes upon receiving the headphones? We didn't pay for it so is it taxable?
Guys as far as I know we will each be getting a pair. There isn't a list of people in line waiting for the previous guy, Hifiman will be sending a unit to each of us at the same time. That's why we should all be on the lookout for the mailman. I'm not sure how long we get, but I assume when we're done we send it back to Hifiman.
 I too am curious. Not much info has been given out. They told me when I received my PM on the 7th that they will send out my unit "in the next few days". It's been a week now and no word on anything. I'd really like to get it sometime this week because I'm off work for the next 7 days.
I should have a pair sometime next week, so if anybody's interested to know how it sounds off an M-Stage, you'll find out soon enough!
I am interested in participating in the HE-400i tour.   I currently own an HE-400, M-Stage amplifier and an ODAC as the source. I'd like to test out whether the M-Stage will be a good match for the HE-400i for when I eventually purchase these headphones.   I listen to all kinds of music, but lately I've taken a liking to more modern popular dance themed songs.   The reasons I would like to participate in this tour are:   1) I'm on the fence as to whether I should...
No word on the bass extension of these cans? It's the only question mark for me.
So far everything said about this headphone has been great, everything but the bass extension. It's been mentioned that it doesn't have the same bass extension as the he-400. Just how much worse is it? Is it that noticeable, would I notice it in music? I believe the he-400 rolls off around 35 hertz, in comparison where would the 400i roll off?
So hopefully we start getting some impressions finally on these headphones since the show has started. Hard to believe that after all this time we still haven't gotten any real impressions on these cans other than the generic "it's tuned like an HE-500".
 Sweet!
 HE-400i?