Posts by beaver316

+100 for Equalizer APO.  Awesome program and a must imo for the HE-400. I wouldn't only want to tame the treble in music players, but games and Youtube videos as well. I don't use the program anymore since moving on from the HE-400 but I'd strongly recommend the program to anyone. I'll have to take a look at that GUI app you posted, looks really helpful. I was editing the config file before to create my EQs which was a pain in the neck!
Sounds good, although I think I will still need a portable amp in the future, but it's good to know that for now I will still get good sound straight from the iPod.   Still haven't made my mind up on a good portable amp though.
Has anybody tried their 400i straight out of an iPod Classic? I'm really curious as I have one coming in...
 Would this apply to people who purchased the HE-400i from the loaner program? Doesn't seem so..
 When I had my HE-400, they sounded absolutely lifeless out of My HTC Desire HD. Plugged them into my M-Stage and it was normal service resumed. 
I'm looking to get back into the portable game with these headphones since they are so efficient. Anybody have any recommendations of good portable amps that work well with these cans?    I've read that the Fiio stuff has narrow soundstages. Those might not work so well with the HE-400i.
 They take it really well. A simple 5db boost in the lower region and they pretty much equal the HE-400 bass. HE-400 may still have the slight edge on extension, but it's so close it's negligible. I keep the EQ off though, I'm really starting to appreciate other aspects of the sound. The mids and treble on this can are delicious, coming from an HE-400. The HE-400 handsomely failed in this region. Female vocals are fleshed out, and sibilants are non-existent. Really glad...
Anybody had any success stretching out the headband? I'm quite sensitive to clamp, so I'll need to stretch them out a bit, but they seem a little stiffer than the HE-400 was. I'm a little scared it will snap.
 Don't quote me on this but the Stax SR-009 might sound better 
 That sort of experience can probably only be reproduced to the fullest with speakers I would think.