Posts by RAZRr1275

Hey,   Can anyone who's heard both comment on sonic differences between the two? Thanks
So I'm in a bit of an odd situation and I'm curious what Audeze owners think of it. I have a well amped set of Hifiman HE-6 headphones. I love it - the detail is insane compared to anything I've tried (my first flagship), the bass is extremely tight and it has nice treble. But, at the same time, I don't think its the headphone for me because lately I've been finding myself using my HD650s as a primary headphone due to the greater sense of intimacy and involvement that I...
Sorry - I had a glitch with the website where it was showing an archived version of the site
I've decided that after I move my HE-6 I'm going to go for the 2170 setup. From what I've read I need a transformer to fit USA voltage since the kit I'd be buying would be an import from japan.. If someone could link me to such a product for a decent price that would be great. Thanks!
Shipping included, buyer pays paypal fees. Purchased from this classified http://www.head-fi.org/t/688549/sold-hifiman-he-6-w-headphonelounge-solid-core-silver-up-occ-cable-sold . You will receive the headphones and the cable and the box pictured. I took a bunch of pictures so that their condition should be pretty obvious for you to gauge. They sound great but I'm thinking that they may just not be the sound for me. The cable is terminated in 4 pin XLR. Shipping will be...
I'm looking for a Stax SRS-2170 setup or an Audeze LCD-2. Pm me if you're selling. Thanks
Thanks so much -  All of this info has been super helpful. I've done some probing to see what's available for me to buy and at what price and I was curious what you guys think of my thought process so far as far as options   Option 1) Stax SR-X MKIII with the SRD-7 - I could get this for $400. It seems as if it would be the least detailed/soundstaged headphone but the most smooth and involving (maybe the most forward sounding?) I'm curious how it is for rock that gets a...
Any particular reason why? What does it sound like?
So I need a bit of help regarding buying Stax gear. My situation is this -- I"m an HE-6 owner and while I love the HE-6 for their technical abilities, there's something missing -- they don't give me the sense of closeness and involvement in the music that my HD650s do due to their more dry monitor ish presentation. I've been told that Stax cans could give me a nice compromise of an organic, involving sound and high amounts of clarity. So that brings me to my question -...
That's exactly why I'm having some hesitation  - I know that I'll lose in technical ability by downgrading but at the same time I'm curious if downgrading might give me that euphoric, invested sensation that I get out of my 650s