Posts by Bossatiger

Up for sale is my pair of Adam A7X active near-field studio monitors. They are in like-new condition, not a single blemish or scratch. They function flawlessly. I am the first owner and purchased them from an authorized retailer. They come with their original boxes, booklets, and power cables (everything you get when you buy them new from a store).    The Adam A7X has rave reviews from just about everybody, I don't even need to talk about their sound. Just google...
Okay, I did about 20 hours of burn in (white noise, pink noise, brown noise, silence, sweep, etc. at listening volumes) For some reason now the imbalance is pretty much gone. I am thoroughly confused. Mono is dead center throughout the audio spectrum and with my spl phone app, both sides are matched to within .5 db (the app goes to 0.1 dbs but I don't believe the app is really more accurate than 0.5db). I am not a firm believer of burn in but I always do it as part of my...
 I swapped the cable connections and I'm getting the same issue. In mono, the left side is louder. I don't think it's a cable issue based on the results of my tests, but I might be wrong. I am using the stock 1/4 Audeze flat cable I received with the LCD3.
Ordered an LCD3 on 1/16/14 directly from the Audeze site, just got it today. Channel imbalance issues, left ear has audibly louder bass response. Tested with 3 sources, all on mono, also used an SPL meter on my phone. Very disappointing. Hopefully Audeze customer service is quick and I don't have to pay return shipping for a defective product. What a shame, the sound was pretty great otherwise. Love the voicing. But I really expect more from a $2000 pair of headphones. 
SOLD
SOLD
Maybe I'll finally be inclined to buy an Audeze. I've always enjoyed their sound signature, but the ergonomics have held me back.
Hey all,   I'm looking for a powered subwoofer to pair with my Adam A7x powered monitors. I no longer actually use them to monitor or do critical listening for mixing and such (have invested in a totally separate setup in another studio) so they will sit in my living room desktop rig. I'm looking at a couple of choices:   Adam Sub7/Sub8/Sub10 SVS SB-1000/SB-2000 KRK 10s/12s   I'm trying to keep it under $1k, but it needs to fill up a medium sized living room space...
Agreed, get the Beyer over the Grado and AKG for electronic. I have personally owned the AKG K701 and Beyers DT770, and a pair of 125 (somewhat similar to the 225), the Beyer is just more enjoyable for me. 
I've been cycled through a few amps and headphones in the past year or so. I began with an HD600, went through amps including a Schiit Asgard 2, Schiit Valhalla 1 stock tubes,  Woo Audio WA7 stock tubes, and a Fostex HP-A4. I sold the WA7 a month ago, the Valhalla 2 months ago (did NOT like the Valhalla), Asgard was good but I exchanged it with a friend for his old HD650. I then sold my HD650 and HD600 and bought a pair of HD580-Jubilee. So I have the HP-A4 left, which I...