Posts by risenfallen

Moving again, so need to thin down on stuff I have accumulated: 1 - Fiio D3: only the D3 and power adapter in perfect condition, no packaging. Asking $SOLD 2 - Fiio E10 Olympus USB DAC/Amp: Perfect condition (as new), has rubber feet on, no packaging or accessories but will throw in a short usb cable so it's ready for use. Asking $SOLD 3 - Fiio L3 LOD: brand new in packaging. Asking $7 4 - Sony AC-E455D AC Adapter (for Sony Portable CDP): works perfectly, in good...
I'll second the K701/702 suggestion, even better if you can find the K601, these supposed to have a tad better body and warmth (will benefit opera and small ensemble music) compared to K701 and should be a bit easier to drive. Best portable amp I've used with K701 is the Neco soundlab (plenty powerful and excellent details). If you want a cheaper option I find the Electric Avenues PA2V2 to be pretty close in sound quality (but not as close in power and build quality) to...
3FT SPOFC Wire Gold Plated 1/8" Male Right Angle Plug Neutrik 1/8" Female Plug 5% Silver Solder Tri-Litz Braid Multiple layered heatshrink   Made to order by a Head-fier. I initially bought this to used with the Senn Amperior in place of the thin, tangle-prone stock extension cable but sold the headphones not long after I had it. Made for portable use so it's very light. The length is about 3 feet or ~1 meter. May fit other headphones with the same design. No major...
I've had the HTF600s for sometime and never really bothered to take care of them (they have not died on me yet). The build quality seems not too robust but I'd say it's more than acceptable for the price. Very interested in these 480s but I'd wait to see if the price go down a bit.
 Thanks. I've never heard a EP or LP so don't know how these would stack up but they definitely sound very nice and distinct for the money, not to far off from the K701 in terms of technicality.
Is there a variant with both leather headband and gold plug? My K400s have both, and the cord is pretty thin (if I remember correctly, the K701's cable is thicker). I wonder if it's from the middle batch between EPs and LPs.
Up for sale is my Lenovo Ideapad Z585 laptop.   Bought new about 8 months ago, used sparingly at home but shortly after, I made a full transition to Mac OS so it just sat in storage.   Laptop is in very good condition, no surface scratches/dings (any marks seen in photos are fingerprints), functions as new.   - 6GB RAM (upgradable to 8GB) - 750 GB HDD - AMD A10 Processor (Quad-core) - AMD Radeon HD 7660G - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Graphite...
Is anyone familiar with the Pioneer SA-3000 integrated amp? It looks neat and seems to fit my need, e.g driving small, pretty efficient bookshelf speakers and if possible using as an alternative headphone amp. All I can find is that it puts out around 40wpc and was from Pioneer's early 1980s mini system. I would appreciate any input :)
  I tried the DT1350 briefly. They sounded great but I still prefer Amperior over them. DT1350 bass lacks body compared to that of Amperior. The treble was slightly better on DT1350. I have not tried the T50P but few people like them more than the DT1350 due to spiky treble and honky mids. The two Beyers seem to have the same comfort problem for long listening session as the Amperior.
I have not heard any of the older Denon like AH-D750 but I used to have the Denon D2000. I find the bass on them is the same type of bass on the ATH W1000X and ESW9, lush and deep but may be a little loose at times. Treble extension on D2000 is better than EWS9, may be on par or better than W1000X. I don't like the mids on the D2000 though, it's pretty recessed and somehow the overall sound sig feels a bit hollow. I'm not familiar with ADS speakers so can't comment on...