or Connect

Posts by risenfallen

Hi,   As title says, I'm looking for a unit in good working condition with good battery life, preferably well-maintained unit with original box/accessories but it's not a must. Let me know if you have one for sale and your asking price paypal'ed and shipped to CONUS.   I prefer to trade (+ cash on my end if needs be) for any single/combination of the items below but will consider straight cash purchase as well:   - Fostex HP-P1: in good condition, has box/accessories...
*** Withdrawn for now ***   Love these to death but need some quick cash due to unforeseen expenses. I will buy them again in a heartbeat once I have some spare fund.   These are only a few weeks old and still smell like new. Less than 20 hours of listening (love the sound but I had to keep taking them off after a short time due to weight hence the low hours). The bamboo wood looks perfect, like new brown leather headband and earpads. Come with all papers, black travel...
Hi,   I'm selling a Brand new AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC/Amp 1.2. This was a gift and turned out I don't have any use for it.   Box is not sealed but it came to me that way. Otherwise everything is brand new as far as I know. Comes with all manuals, warranty papers, carrying pouch just like factory.   I'm asking $80 shipped within the US. I can post internationally but buyer will handle the shipping difference. Paypal fee is up to the buyer.   If you have any...
Hi, I'm selling a pair of Beyerdynamic DT250. These are the 250 Ohm version (often regarded as better sounding than the 80 Ohm version). While they don't have the stark clarity of cans like the MDR-7520, I find myself reach for them more often because of the smoother sound and more bass body. I will probably regret selling them but they did not get enough use and I could use the extra fund. Condition is very good (these are built to last). Pads are still firm. They come...
PENDING for now Hi, I'm selling a pair of Sony MDR-7520. These perform well above there price range in terms of delivering micro-details, hands down the most detailed portable/studio cans I've heard. Their clarity challenges even the Beyer T1. Condition is excellent, I couldn't find any scratches or obvious wear. They were rarely used, I'd say under 80 hours. Headphones comes with manuals, carrying pouch and stock coil cable (I might still have the box but not too sure,...
Maybe you should provide some more info on your current setup so people know where you're coming from or your sound preference.
It comes with a micro usb cable to connect to your computer (using the micro usb from the E5). For phone use, you can connect it using an OTG cable or lightning cable from your phone to the USB host port on the E5
I would look into the Creative Soundblaster E5. Very versatile (you get a lot of functions for the money, iOS and Android compatible as well) and good-sounding for a starter kit (DAC + Amp) and from memory it could drive the HE400 just fine on high gain. I'm still using one as my daily driver when I don't have time to sit down with my desktop gear.
@OP: did you refer to the HE-400 or 400S? The 400S are much easier to drive than the old HE-400. I used to have the HE-400 and from my experience they pair well with Audio GD amp and you'll be better off with solid state rather than tube. Anyway, if you are on a budget, try looking around the forum for used Audio GD amps (I'd stay away from the NFB12 though since I tried it and it wasn't transparent enough for my liking).
Thanks buke9. I've heard a lot of good thing about the Crack amp but somehow I have the impression it's not as versatile as other OTLs, only ever seen it paired with HD650 and 600 Ohm Beyers, I might be wrong though. Plus I don't like its look, the Feliks amp appeals more to my personal taste and is a great value according to what I've read. At this point, I'm curious on how the T1 fares on OTL vs LCD2 (I'm going try to get a non-fazor if I go that route).