Posts by SoItGoes

Hey everyone. As the title suggests, I'm looking for a Schiit Bifrost. Though I prefer Non-USB, I'll be willing to take offers for USB models. I can do local pickups in the Los Angeles area as well.   Thanks guys.
Keep us posted Sluker! I'm dying to hear some comparisons. I would buy these, but I've been lusting after some He400's for too long to ignore at this point.
It comes off quite easily I'm afraid. Just a bit always seems to come off when I've worked with the drivers. It's never worried me personally, but that's just my 2 cents. 
This was posted in the linked thread, Scootsit. Is that what you mean? GreatDane used boiling water to loosen his. I believe others recommended the use of an exacto knife after that.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/432665/how-to-remove-grado-prestige-series-model-ring  
Andrew Bird and The Mysterious Production of Eggs -- by Andrew Bird   There is a nice variety of instrumentation that appears throughout this album (my favorite of Bird's so far). It adds an interesting sonic texture that goes hand in hand with his lighthearted, yet witty lyrics. The guy also whistles.     
"And Their Refinement of the Decline" by the ambient Duo Stars of the Lid. Very minimal horn and string arrangements for the most part; some synth as well. Good stuff and my favorite from these guys. I'm studying to this right now actually...
  a) a well connected/skilled mastering engineer b) connected to Hans Zimmer c) Batman   On a more serious note, the Audacity stuff basically confirms everything I felt deep down about this DRC stuff: it's permanent. The best we can do is to try to save the gems that have yet to be committed to tape.    
Question for you LFF: Did you manage to find a copy of the proper master for comparison, or are green waveforms in the lower picture just some sort of extrapolation based on the original version?
Would getting music from hdtracks deal with the dynamic compression on certain albums? I remember hearing some of the artists on there (especially in the rock genre) have released compressed music. I guess more specifically, do the labels actually release a different mastered version to that site and others like it?
Heh, for a minute there I wanted them to have that potential, but I guess the old saying's really true: there's no free lunch.   Also, since this is still a modding thread (albeit a very meandering and half-dead one), I gotta ask, Kojaku. What did you do to your pads?