Posts by pr0ggy

What's Included SoundMagic HP100 w/stock coiled cable [Excellent Condition] Hardcase [Excellent Condition] Original Box [Good Condition]   Reason for Sale Purchased from a fellow Head-Fi'er a couple weeks ago for office use.  Long-term comfort is a must and the earcup depth is just slightly too shallow for me.  My ears are on the larger side, so I don't expect this to be a problem for many.   Payment PayPal only, price includes CONUS shipping AND PayPal...
Only interested in cash or the trade items listed...thanks!
Sold!
I have a pair for sale in the classifieds.  I did some comparing back and forth with my K612 and while I wanted to love the Annies as many here seem to, I just didn't think they sounded as clear and open as the 612.  Everything sounded a bit congested and I consistently noticed an unnatural thickness to the vocals that I wasn't very fond of.  Still, I feel they are worth at least auditioning.
Sold!
Trade fell through, these are still available!
I have an interested party willing to trade, so I'm going to go ahead and close this.  If for whatever reason the trade falls through but I still am looking to sell/trade, I'll re-open the listing.
It seems that many open phones really sound best when amped...do you have anything specific against closed-backs?  The NAD HP50's definitely seem to be getting a fair amount of love recently, as do the AKG 551/545.  I listen to my Beyer DT770 Pros straight out of my phone when doing stuff around the apartment and I think they sound fantastic for a wide range of genres.  The Beyers can be found fairly cheap as well.
AKG K702 Annie's in excellent condition with original box.  Second owner.  After doing some back and forth comparisons, I simply prefer my K612 with my setup (I know, I was shocked too).  No reason to let the Annies sit.   Price would be firm, but includes CONUS shipping AND PayPal fees. Would entertain (partial) trades for the following: Audio Technica ATH-W1000X Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X Beyer T90 Beyer T70 Beyer T5p Denon D5000 (no mods) Sony...
 +1 I simply don't see you ever getting your money's worth from a $2K setup if the highest quality encoding you'll be feeding it is 320k.  I agree that the O2/ODAC combo will have a much better cost/performance ratio for your setup.  I'm personally running an O2/ODAC in my office rig with NVX Audio XPT100 headphones.  This combo could be had for under $400 and I think it may give you the sound you're looking for.  The XPT's are quite warm and laid back, but the neutrality...