Posts by BleaK

Thank you! Hope you don't mind if I ask you some more questions? How is the treble sounding in this setup? I would hate for the HD800 to sound too harsh on top. The Vali is pretty bright, but it works in a weird way really nice with HD800. However, I want something a bit more controlled and relaxing in the top.
Are there any here who has heard the Questyle in the chain with Matrix X-Sabre DAC and HD800? I am pretty close to order the questyle, but would like some confirmation that this IS a good pairing before I make the plunge.
    Cue epic movie music   Narrator: In this town, Headfi... Where the pricier headphones gets pricier, and were artist endorsed headphones rule the streets. There is one headphone who is destined to bring back the balance between cost and sound quality...   SR-009: "I don't know who this hifiman is, but I want him and his frequency graph, DEAD!"   Narrator: Every flagship wants a bite of him...   TH-900: "How can such a lowlife touch us, the...
Congratz! Get ready for a great and spacious sound!
Great impressions, thanks
Great impressions so far, thank you! Sorry for stalking you in this and the Questyle thread :)
Please, more impressions! I only have the Vali for now, but this might be the next amp for me! Are you saying it is smoother (more relaxed?) than the Vali?
I so want this amp now...
 +1
This DAC just keeps getting better and better. I'm especially impressed with the USB input, no other USB/spdif-converter has been on par with the USB input on the X-Sabre in my experience. Disclaimer: I haven't heard the fully upgraded audiophilio or OR5, but those costs almost more than the DAC itself, so I wouldn't bother. Point is that this play REALLY great with any PC audio. I mainly use PC as a music source, and to have this good of a sound from the X-sabre is...