Posts by BleaK

Good luck and take of your hearing. Remember that hearing all the details and the nuances is not all there is in enjoying music
Wow, that's huge. I only need usb and unbalanced. This can save me alot of cash (for a better amp in the future! ).
 Just the Vali for now, then I'm saving up for something good. Maybe statement Schiit, maybe an EC-amp. Perhaps a crazy new HD800-synergy ss-amp is just around the corner   It feels like the tonality from gungnir is something I would love, but I would also like the "relaxed" and detailed sound of the x-sabre. Right now I am hoping that the V800 (or concero) is somewhere in the middle, especially when Violectric says that they are upgrading their USB input. But right now I...
Please posts impressions if you to, I would love to hear them. I've read John's X-sabre review and he says that they compare, but the V800 have better imaging and goes a bit further with quality recordings. However not all my music listening is top quality. I listen mostly to FLAC, but use spotify (ogg vorbis 320) to find new music and listen when I relax. Also there are alot of proggresive rock and metal in my list, and not all of them are quality material (however Ayreon...
I think I understood that! Thanks!   Also, I hope someone send you guys a violectric dac someday, VERY interested how it would match up in your testing and ranking.
 DAC1:-Bass is a bit anemic, and a bit one noted, feel rolled off-Mids are detailed, with pretty decent imaging-Lower treble are a bit harsh, thin and a bit too "splashy"-Soundstage have great width, but close to zero depth (things sound like they come from wither either left or right)-The Audio gd interface (usb->spdif) made the DAC1 so much better than the SPDIF out from the PC, makes the HD800 listenable on it. So I would like a stronger bass without one-note, maybe a...
Great writeup! Thank you for doing this!   I will get the vali closer to christmas and I am looking to upgrade the dac after christmas holidays. The ones I have been looking at are:   -Concero -Gungnir -Violectric V800 -X-Sabre   Looks like the gungnir is a top contender, especially with the new usb. However the comments from Maxvla makes me nervous it will be to "upfront" and I won't be able to relax or casual listen with it (which I like to do time to...
Nice impression with some serious gear!
This sounds like a perfect dac for the HD800. I am now using the BM DAC1 and it can be a bit to harsh on the top.
I got the same, I think it's normal.