or Connect

Posts by BleaK

X-sabre here too, no problem whatsoever.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/619910/schiit-valhalla-tube-rolling-thread/315#post_11473317
 That's perfectly normal for the first minutes, then the hum sort of disappear. It always has a really low hum, but only if you put your ears right next to it. I can't hear it 1 meter from the amp.Try some Russians 6H23P, or Amperex orange globe. But beware on ebay, lotsa fakes going around. Take a look at this thread for more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/619910/schiit-valhalla-tube-rolling-thread/315#post_11521353Simply a great movie soundtrack, one of the best!
Well, now my amperex 7308 is burned in and the sound really opened up. They sound sublime and are tonally perfect with the HD800!
 Go with the Valhalla 2, best buy for the HD800. Love mine and is imo the best price/perfomance ratio for HD800-amps.
 Ok thanks! Maybe I was too hyped up reading the good reviews about it 
Hey guys!   I found a pair of the Amperex USN-CEP 7308 White '65 at tubeworldexpress, however I wonder if they take time to burn in. I have valhalla 2, but this thread is much more active with tube rolling (and the output tubes of the V2 don't change the sound too much). Even after 20 hours I still think the sound of the amperex is closed in and the treble is harsh (harsher than stock Valhalla 2). The bass is great, but I think the stock tubes still sound much more open...
Thank you for this comprehensive review!   I found a pair of the Amperex USN-CEP 7308 White '65 at tubeworldexpress, however I wonder if they take time to burn in. Because even after 20 hours I still think the sound is closed in and the treble is harsh (harsher than stock Valhalla 2). The bass is great, but I think the stock tubes still sound much more open than the 7308. Which doesn't match the description I read various places of the Amperex 7308. 
No problemo!
 Not quality as per se, but insurance that the CD was ripped correctly. EAC has better quality control as it matches your rips to thousands of others with the same CD. However this can be tiresome if you are ripping a whole new library.