Posts by BleaK

Vali is great sounding, but it has some ringing when you put in the cable or hit the table with something. It never bothered me, and I had one of the earlier model (first 200 or so) which they said had even more ringing. I still have the amp, and plug it in sometimes for AB-ing something or listening next to the bedside. IMO the greatest price/perfomance-ratio amp for the HD800, with the downside of some ringing. Which again, never bothered me.
 Try a matrix mStage or a Vali with your D1 first. If you find the sound bearable you can save up till a nice DAC and use with the amp. I used the X-sabre a good 6 months with the Vali and it gave me such an awsome sound that I had the time to search and find a endgame amp (for me) to match with the HD800.
I have both and the ADA4627-1B is worth every cent in my opinion. Fuller bass, better stage and more natural sound.
Congratz!
Quite frankly, I like it. It sounds somewhat smoother. Might be placebo (since I used a lot of time getting it right), but that's why we're in this hobby right? ;)
Got it to work! Had to use WASAPI instead of ASIO, don't know why but now it works!
Any tried to use Jriver MC19 to upsample PCM to DSD with the x-sabre? I made it work x64, but with x128 I only get distortion. Anyone know anything about this?
Anyone have tried the Schiit Wyrd with the X-sabre? Anyone think it will make a difference?
I never said it was a bad thing, if you read the other parts you would have seen that :)