Posts by BleaK

Hmm. After listening in a longer period and testing some more tracks I hear something graininess-ish things in the treble region. It sounds harsh and not real life like. Also I switched back just to test the Vali and it didn't have the digitus-like sound. It also seemed that the Vali had more bass slam, and from what I've read here that should not be the case with the CMA800R.   Is it that my gear (the x-sabre with laptop) are the problem? Has anyone else experienced this?
Yup. It was ok as a DAC/amp, but nothing special. A tad too bright, but still decent sound.
Got it in today! First impressions so far is that is a very very nice amp and a great match for HD800, no harhsness whatsoever. Got to spend more time with it before I say anything more, but I really like it so far!
Today I made the purchase, finally!  Now it's just the waiting part....
Don't forget to post impressions! :)
 Thank you! Hope you don't mind if I ask you some more questions? How is the treble sounding in this setup? I would hate for the HD800 to sound too harsh on top. The Vali is pretty bright, but it works in a weird way really nice with HD800. However, I want something a bit more controlled and relaxing in the top.
Are there any here who has heard the Questyle in the chain with Matrix X-Sabre DAC and HD800? I am pretty close to order the questyle, but would like some confirmation that this IS a good pairing before I make the plunge.
    Cue epic movie music   Narrator: In this town, Headfi... Where the pricier headphones gets pricier, and were artist endorsed headphones rule the streets. There is one headphone who is destined to bring back the balance between cost and sound quality...   SR-009: "I don't know who this hifiman is, but I want him and his frequency graph, DEAD!"   Narrator: Every flagship wants a bite of him...   TH-900: "How can such a lowlife touch us, the...
Congratz! Get ready for a great and spacious sound!
Great impressions, thanks