or Connect

Posts by Hal Rockwell

Those are the pads that I use for the Takstar HD6000. They fit the HD5500 in size too. Those are the Sennheiser Urbanite XL replacement pads and the're made of some kind of weird fabric that doesn't make my ears sweat like velour pads but still keeps the bass tight like pleather.
You probably wired the drivers out of phase. That means that one of the drivers is wired correctly and the other one is wired backwards - the ground lead goes where the hot lead should go.
 I think that it fits better in this thread.
This is a very simple mod and a completely reversible one. Cutting two oval pieces, slightly larger than the black mesh with the logo on the outer side of the cups, of a magnetic sheet. Since the mesh is made out of metal, the oval pieces can be attached to it magnetically. They have enough force to stay on, and enough flexibility to seal the cups just well enough to turn them into a semi-closed pair. The mod makes them sound clearer and tighter, especially in the...
 I'm working on a new mod that is completely reversible. Probably tomorrow will be done with partial cosmetic improvements.
Here's the color code for the MH463 stock cable:   Blue = Tip Red/Green = Ring Solid Green+Gold = Sleeve   Since the cable is dual entry, it carries 4 leads, thus makes it possible to turn the MH463 into a balanced pair of headphones. All that needs to be done is to take apart one of the cups to find out which of the leads, solid green or gold, is connected to which cup, left or right, to solder them to the correct negative pole on a 4 pole XLR or 2.5 TRRS plugs.
 Yes. Those are the X32 pads. I own a pair. The problem is that those pads are not made of velour, but a kind of fabric, thus, change the sound in a different way. They recess the bass a bit in comparison to pleather pads, but not as much as velour pads do.  In short, I purchased a pair of 90mm round velour pads from ebay. They were a bit pricey at a bit more than 20$ including S&H. I hope it worth it, and I'll like the affect it will have on the HD2000 sound signature.
Which Turtlebeach pads will fit the HD2000 in size?
 The HD2000 cups are oval and measure roughly 90*80mm in diameter. I couldn't find any pads on ebay that are made of velour, and would fit. Where did you get the pads from?
Are there any benefits of updating to v2.7 from v2.5? Any bug fixes? Personally, I don't care for OTG or the lack of it.