Posts by ronfifer

* 9 months later...*   Wow look at this!   Thank you for all the answers guys! For once I thought no one knew anything about the European online market.   tres gentiles
Does anyone know an online shop in Europe where i can buy the Samson SR850 for less than 39Euros?  
Awesome place. I was in Amsterdam last weekend (ESCAPE?) ;)   by the way thanks for passing by. There are many decent dutch multimedia stores that sell high-end headphones, a large concentration of them in europe actually.   I found this youtube video where the uploader said she bought her Samson SR850 at a very very competitive price from an online dutch site and she mentions its name but i l could never understand the pronounciation and write it down. (AA shop?)   Can...
thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know that it requires no enhancements for better 3D positioning in FPS games.   But some BF3 gamers on board recommended that i try it with the CSSM-3D feature on the X-Fi cards so i will do that.   I will try the SR850 in 4 different setups:   1) RAW setup: connect it directly to my on-board headphone jack and see how it performs (i got HP DV6 6096 laptop with BEATS Audio 2 channel sound card)   2) I will get the Creative...
Hello,   Anyone of you audiophiles living in France or the EU by any chance?   I would love to share market data and info on the best (online) shops to satisfy our relentless crave for high end audio, at reasonable prices.   The 20% TVA here and lack of price wars makes the USA market the heaven of electronics.   I have came across many decent multimedia stores in the EU that ship across the union with nice discounts and I would love to share.   Next...
An enhanced version of the Superlux 668B is the Samson SR850. This is what you need.   It provides an excellent soundstage with pinpoint directional accuracy *users compare it to the 3D mapping of the AD700), AND not at the cost of a lowered bass. it has a better bass than the AD700 which makes it an all rounder for gaming. Ironically it is designed as a studio Monitor headphone for Djs and gamers discovered it by chance==>it is highly underrated.   Plus it only costs 40...
the MDR v6 has 63ohms impedance! however the sensitivity is at 108dB.   Are you sure you dont need to use any amps when plugging it into your ipod?
Guys I play FPS games on my HP Pavilion DV6 laptop, it has an on-board stereo HD sound card (BEATS AUDIO -IDT Codec).   I will soon get the Samson SR850 headphones and I want to enable 3D sound on them to better pinpoint enemy footsteps and gunshots in all directions.   What do i need to plug my headphones into? Directly to the headphone jack on my laptop?   Other users suggested buying a :   1) Creative USB soundcard with CSSM-3D feature. I couldnt find...
Thanks.   So you didnt have the CMSS-3D feature or dolby surround headphone feature on-board, right? Did this affect the 3D positioning of the sound in FPS games? Were you still able to pinpoint the location of footsteps, gunshots, etc... in games only using your HP on-board sound card?
Guys, I am planning to use these on my HP Pavilion DV6 laptop. It has a built in BEATS AUDIO sound card (stereo, 2 channels) with the IDT High Definition Audio codec.   Will the Samson SR850 run smoothly and utilize all its spectrum features through my 3.5mm audio jack? Or do i need to buy a USB amp or an external dolby USB sound card or...?   Thank you