Posts by Triphead

Thank you.
Thanks for your reply.   Is this a standard figure that you're quoting, or did you get it off the specs I linked?
Guys, I have a query for you...   I own a HH Electronics MXA100 amplifier.   Usually, I use the input channel with two RCA sockets to play my Walkman through; I use a 3.5mm jack to dual RCA cable.   If you look at the PDF file I linked above, you'll see that the other three input channels on the amplifier use XLR or ¼" jack; the thing is, though, that they are all mono inputs, not stereo. This is, after all, a professional stage amp, designed with instruments...
Foobar, eh? I've not heard of that one before. I shall check it out in the morni...er...when I get up.

I'm starting to suspect it was "remastered" with Windows Sound Recorder.
Er...pass. Just in case you've misunderstood me (though I don't think you have), I'm not sleighting FLAC files in general; the majority I possess are exactly what one would expect. It's just the odd one every now and then, y'know? This is the text from the log file:     Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1 from 15. November 2010 EAC extraction logfile from 1. June 2011, 10:56 Pink Floyd / The Wall (disc 1) Used drive : ASUS DVD-E616P3H Adapter: 0 ID: 1 Read...
How is it that people are able to create poor quality FLAC files? I thought the copy was made directly from the original media, so what is it that causes the file to sound rubbish? Are people creating FLACs from MP3s they've made from CDs they copied off their mate, or what? I've just obtained a FLAC version of The Wall, yet it's an absolutely horrible sounding file; it's muddy, extremely sibilant and just of generally harsh sound quality. Conversely, I have an MP3...
Thank you, Zarim.
Hi guys. I'm after some advice, please.   I've just replaced my old Sony A-series MP3 player for a Sony X-series that was half price (because they're discontinued) and am pretty damn ecstatic over the increase in sound quality....and when I bought it, as far as I was concerned, the A-series was the best sounding mass-consumer MP3 player on the market, so you can imagine how happy I am with my new toy.   The X-series comes with a pair of noise-cancelling...