Posts by Pacorrin

Sony XB500, good impact but could not get over the muffled mids and highs with no clarity. Even though I tend to like bassy headphones, I was very disppointed.
I must be doing something wrong. I am comparing M50's vs xb500's and although the xb500's have more bass, I cannot equalize them to sound even close to the detail of my M50's. When I switch headphones it sounds as if the music from the xb500's is coming from inside a cardboard box. Do you guys believe I may need more burn in? My xb500's have about 15 hours in them.
I guess I am a bit of a basshead. Although I was expecting similar response, I was not expecting the actual performance to be so close... impressive.   So right now my list is only ATH M50 & Panasonic HTF600. I returned the CAL!s. I think I am going to buy the Monoprice next, and the Sony XB500 in Xmas. But I agree with you that all these may be similar sound signatures.   I am thinking to buy the Superlux HD662 or the HD668b. I truly enjoy closed cans since I do a lot of...
This probably has been done about 30 times in this post, so sorry if you guys are re-reading this.   I just got my ATH-M50s in the mail. I have very little experience with headphones, but to my untrained ears, they sound awesome! Right out of the box, powerful bass, good mids and highs a little bright, but can be easily equalized.   What surprised me is that for kicks, I put back on my HTF600s... and... they are not that much different! I actually find the bass...
Ah, the beauty of the Panasonics...   My Creative Aurvana Live! are going back and I don't miss them one bit. What I learned is that the CAL!s have this fun bright sound right out of the box that is very catchy, but can be tiring after many hours of listening. There may also be some sibilance in some songs.   Now, although the Panasonics may not be as bring straight from the box, they respond to equalization very well. I have been playing with an IPod app called...
I am good with Downtown PHX.   I would suggest to do it after the Thanksgiving holidays. Saturdays would probably be best?
Tempe here! Count me in for your next meeting. Although I dont have a lot of equipment yet, I started building my collection about 2 months ago.  
OK, I hope you guys dont chastise me for reporting this... I was pretty desperate with the leakage situation. Like I mentioned before, I listen to this primarily when I am working, and I share my small office with my wife. I went ahead and put simple tape (transparent) around all the holes in the cups, and around the pads. I was able to decrease the leakage by about 30-40%, to the point that at lower/mid volume you cannot hear them from 2 feet away. I do not notice...
Thank you Oyster!   I will wait until I receive my M50's. Everybody praises the sound of the SRH750DJs but comfort and durability seem like an issue. I want the phones to be very comfortable, the Panny's and the CAL!s have me spoiled!
  Good point, but I am trying to start a collection here of  phones to learn about different sound signatures. I enjoy going back and forth between them.   I have tried some of the lower end Sennheisers at different stores and I always find them lacking in the bass department. Perhaps the HD600's have more bass, but they are open and I am looking for closed cans that have punchy, reverberating bass with good highs and mids that can be use for all types of music. It is a...