Posts by M-13

+1 I was thinking the same thing. It makes one question what the purpose of a giant desktop rig is. I actually prefer the Layla to all full-sized headphones I've tried just purely based on sonics. The sound is mind-blowing. So it's basically my #1 in my nine-year headphone journey. The form factor and how nice it feels when worn is an added bonus. I do see the need for perhaps a nice HD800 rig if one is home a lot but one should definitely get the Layla first if there is...
I would rather build a rig around the HD800 or the HE1000 or both with Rag/Yggy. Now that would be cool beans! (let me go pick up some cash from my lawn. They literally grow here)
THAT is the dream!(actual photo of me) Haha Jude's heard them all or most of 'em anyway and his opinion is as good as any for me personally. Just thought it was interesting. I don't want to oversell his opinion. He can and will be wrong for some people. I would love for him to do a K10 vs Layla review, but probably will never happen. I do plan on getting a K10U as soon as I can, but the AK120ii might have to come first. With the Layla in house it's getting impossible to...
So I was watching Jude in his latest two videos and he mentions that the Layla is the best IEM he has ever heard including CIEMs. I then realized Jude has the Noble Prestige K10. Now I'm wondering if I should even get a K10U because there is a chance it's not even a sidegrade but a "downgrade"?  
I was really worried about the Layla sticking out a lot, but it sits fairly flush now that I've figured out the whole fit thing. It's also super secure and the big faceplate/body creates a second layer of seal in addition to the eartips. They sort of fit like the way they look on Jerry and I think they look awesome. When I got them initially and couldn't figure out how to wear them properly they were like ping-pong balls taped to my ears but now they look like something...
Yeah that white filter is a lot of fun. It takes the K3003 to the next level with certain songs, but is also kind of bad for others. The reference grey filter is the best for all types of music and all songs, but the white filter is an awesome ride with certain songs. I highly recommend people to enjoy that white filter every once in a while. Maybe a day or two and then back to the grey. Gosh darn it I miss my K3003... 
Sold to Tony
Hey Speed. To be clear, I am using the medium silicone stock tips included with the Layla when you first open thr box.
Sorry, forgot to answer this. "Rubber" tips = stock silicone  
Another fit tip for my fellow Layla owners. You know how the face plate of the Layla is basically in the shape of a tear drop? The "point" of the tear drop should be pointed at the five o'clock position of your ear. I noticed that I was wearing them at the 3 o'clock position (tip of the tear at 3) because of where the cable exited the body of the shell. Once I rotated the body clockwise to five o'clock they fit way more snugly inside and actually sticks out much less....