Posts by M-13

So are the Universal K10s ready to ship out tomorrow? I missed out on pre-ordering because I couldn't get enough scratch together. I'm pretty much there now so I'm really agonizing between the K3003 and K10U. The reason for this is that I've auditioned the K3003 several times and it impressed everytime. My gut tells me the K10U will be on another league but that's just my gut.   Anyway what is the waiting period now for the K10U if I order? Is it even backordered or you...
Yeah and the K3003 is amazingly detailed. I thought the IE800 was very detailed for an IEM, but the K3003 is even more detailed. You hear those micro-details more clearly. The SE846 is the least detailed of the bunch, although it has a smooth/lush dark presentation that is nicely focused. But they sound very muffled and closed in compared to the K3003. The soundstaging is amazing the K3003. Expansive is the way would characertize it.
Cool, thanks MH. Strange how the output impedance seems to not effect anything. Perhaps this 8 times dampening factor rule does not apply to IEMs?
The frequency response of the K3003 is very nice and close to neutral. Most IEMs have shelved upper-mids and treble dives off a cliff. The K3003 actually has treble/air and is very well done. I think the only potential issue is that it can be a little peaky with certain songs, but then I think for a majority of people it's nonissue
pretty much sums it up ROFLAMO
Thanks warrior. And no worries about not hearing a difference. I prefer honesty over BS any day. I've got dudes telling me my DX90 sounds worse than their iPhone and that my X5 sounds about the same as the their iPhone so... haha. I was guilty of this as well when I first started on Head-Fi. I told experienced people on Head-Fi that the Dacport LX didn't sound any different from my Fiio E7. Boy was I very wrong about that. (to my shame I even told people all well executed...
Thanks for your opinion. So you like the extra weight and size? What else makes you feel like it's the better DAP? Is the build quality better or something as well?
Nice! So would you say there is a big difference between the AK100ii and the AK120ii. Is it worth the upgrade or not really? Cuz it's literally double the price. I would expect at least a 10% increase in sound quality. At 5% I would kinda be not motivated... Yeah I was thinking it would be a good excuse for me to go balanced with the SE846 and then with all my other phones (other than the IE800, K812, and Sig Pro) Sadly. Probably will make me sell those and get the...
Any K3003 owners who also own the Kaiser 10 Universal? Looking for impressions...
I asked this in the AK100ii/Ak120ii thread, but anyone using the SE846 with these players find anything odd? The reason I ask is that the output impedance of the Aks are 2ohms while the SE846 only has a 9ohm impedance. As some of you know, the rule of thumb is 8 times the dappening factor or you can get weird frequency response.