Posts by M-13

Quote of the day from Jason: "Not everything is a conspiracy"   LOL
After auditioning them a few times I bit the bullet and bought the SRH1540 a week ago and I've been enjoying them very much. There is a special quality to their sound that's hard to describe as I've never heard this before. It sounds slightly different from other dynamic headphones I've heard in my audio journey. I think someone mentioned that everything sounds like it was recorded with a ribbon mic. I'm not familiar with ribbon mics but there is something ethereal about...
I wouldn't mind 2 versions of the X5. We can have a X5 XL for those people who want E12 + X5 combo. That way we can avoid the rubber bands and stacking and charging seperate batteries etc etc.
I really hope Focal is working on a FSP S or some updated model that addressess the build quality and comfort issues. I will buy the updated and also keep my old one too if this happens. I would like think it's only a matter of time before enough complaints reach them not to mention returns and warranty repairs.
What I would love to see is a Master 9 vs Schiit Rag comparison.
Just to chime in with my Amperior experience:   FSP is easily the better headphone.   However I did really like the Amperior and at the price it's being offered at commonly $130~$150 it does present a better value for sure.
I'm sorry to hear that.   I hope you can still enjoy the sound of the FSP without too much discomfort or annoyance. If mine crack that would kinda be devastating as I'm very OCD about my gear...
Personally and subjectively I find the HD800 more sibilant. The K812 can sound down right dark sometimes with certain songs. It's very neutral or slightly dark/netural for me. Definitely not bright or bright/neutral. I would say the HD800 is bright/neutral or neutral for me depending on the song I'm listening to. The K812 also sounds more detailed, micro/macro detail/ more textured etc etc revealing all shades of the tone when it hits. This is at odds with some really...
I have. For me decreasing the bass makes the X5 more neutral and less colored. It also sounds more detailed/clear. All good things as far as I'm concerned, but I can see how bass lovers can be dissapointed. Nothing wrong with being into warm colored sound with big ass bass. All of this is very subtle of course. It sounds 95% the same as before, just a little smidgen here and there, but enough to make me happy. I have a frame of reference which is my DX90. I listen to both...
There is no point in a house now. The Rag can keep you warm in the winter time. You just need a cardboard box to keep the rain out and you're good to go.