Posts by SanjiWatsuki

It's because the #1 liked post on the home page is based upon the likes in the past 24 hours. If you look at the 7-day likes, Ultrabike comes up as #1. I suspect that most of the likes on Ultrabike's post are not in the last 24 hours -- the post is over 2 days old. It looks like Dan's post has received 7 reps in the last 24 hours. Link here: http://www.head-fi.org/pages/stats/top/range/1day/#posts
 I've edited my post to reflect that the inaudibility of the distortion in this case is constrained to certain individuals and is not universal.
In all honesty, we probably shouldn't concern ourselves too much with the raw THD+N numbers.   We know that distortion at higher signals is less perceptible than distortion at lower signals [0]. Due to the masking effect, we've also observed that even low order distortion as high as 42% can be inaudible to some individuals [1]. Furthermore, the masking effect increases with higher frequencies [0].   For this specific example, the ADP has distortion in lower frequencies...
Sorry to necro this thread, but I've finally gotten around to reviewing my Woodphones. Mine arrived back around the time that White Lotus's arrived, but I had lagged behind on getting my review out.   I'm looking forward to seeing reviews for the Fostex-based model come out!   Review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/woodphones-by-blake-graham/reviews/12183
 Not always. Amps are commonly limited by two things -- current and voltage. The higher the impedance, the less current is needed to reach the same voltage.  In this case, the LCD-3 is a low impedance, low sensitivity headphone. The HD650 is a relatively high impedance headphone. Thus, the amplifier will need more current to reach the same voltage with the LCD-3 compared to the HD650. So, suppose I had two different headphones. #1 has a resistance of 16 ohms and #2 has a...
  You're right. I'm just contesting that measurements need to be 100% accurate to be accepted, generally speaking. I probably shouldn't have responded to a facetious point, though.
I think we allow leeway with measurements, though. Rin Choi did a comparison of the different measurements, and everyone's raw measurements differ in their own way. Tyll's measurement set up is a bit different than everyone else's. Rin Choi's measurement set up typically has a bit more bass. I think Samsung's measurment set up has a bit less bass. PersonalAudio.ru is sometimes just flat out wrong in the bass, so they do two different measurements and say that one type is...
 Alright, responded to your points and I got some graphs out of the psychoacoustics book.
I think the more interesting debate is the effect of pad deformation over time.   Consider the following: http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/04/introduction-it-is-generally-known-that.html   There is a massive difference between the measurements of the HD650 with old pads and new. Pad deformations potentially can change the sound significantly. What sort of effects does this have on most headphones? Does it affect certain pads more than others? If so, how?