Posts by acrox999

You actually can just put in in the 'rockbox' directory in your sdcard. It works the same.
There is a theme repo, but it doesn't cover the Android version yet (as it's still in heavy development). There's only one theme so far, and that is DFKT, but only for 480x800.
The ATH-M50 comes in two, M50s (straight cable) and M50 (coiled, expandable). The cable length is about 3 meters. If it's too long, you can simply roll it into a circle and tie it with a rope or something (that's how I do it). It isolates very well, even at loud volumes. It's pretty comfortable too, I enjoy listening to it for almost 6-10 hours non-stop (I don't nothing better to do, haha). I never had any amps, but I don't think amps are necessary though. It should work...
Just got the chance to try the D2000. The SQ is just way too good. Way better than any I have ever tried (and it's the only one above 200$ that I have ever tried). It sounded balanced, and pretty warm. Not too bright either. The pads are also very soft and comfortable. But the pad didn't cover the ear properly and I guess that's why it leaks a lot. It leaks like an open-backed headphones. But it's still a great one though.
I let my uncle listened to my M50 when I first bought it. And he can't stop headbanging while listening using it. I tried talking to him, but he seemed to play at a really loud volume, since he's the kind who listens to music really loud. And it's actually pretty funny when people stares at you, with your full-sized headphones. My response to them (in my mind), 'What? You want to try listening with this too?'
As the guy from previous page stated, I'd rather buy a good pair of headphones for music and another USB mic, since they'd be better. If you're looking for isolation, closed-back are the ones you want, you might want to find the one that offers great soundstaging, since you're going to use them in competitive FPS gaming. Personally, I don't have much experience with audiophile headphones (in fact I only have one and tried only few, I only do a lot of reading), but I have...
Just listen to them regularly. Over the times, you _might_ hear any differences, but I doubt it'd be that much. That is from my own experience, of course.
If you think those headphones you had tried just doesn't suit you, the M50 might be a good choice. Unlike the others, the M50 is target to the listeners who prefer flat, non-pre-EQ'd (or having it's own unique sound signature) sounding audio. The M50 isn't really flat (and almost no audio gears are able to reproduce a completely flat audio, as far as I know). It's kinda bassy, but very well controlled.You can play around with your source(s) equalizers and try making it...
I had the same problem, but it was the right driver. After a few days, I do not know how this happened, but the right driver suddenly stopped working and it worked again after a while, but totally blown. No soundstaging whatsoever from the right side, everything just came from the centre, and it's a lot louder than usual too.I had sent it for RMA few weeks ago. I got to be more careful next time, and I need to remind my siblings (who uses them more than I do before this...
Great specs, great price. This is very interesting. As always, FiiO surprises us with great for value items.