Posts by pjoliver182

I bought a 1mm tip especially but my solder is probably too thick. I don't have a flux pen either. I did find it difficult to solder ground connections even with my iron on full heat
the soldering isn't as neat as I'd have liked ūüėĮ
Hey guys. Is this an appropriate place to post troubleshooting questions about my recent doodlebug build? I can't get my computer or my phone to detect my ODAC through it. I previously used my Note 4 through an OTG cable straight in to the ODAC. the psu section seems fine and I've tuned the voltage between 5-5.25V in various tests. I can pick up 5.1V coming from my phone to the main chip. When I plug the mini usb cable in I get continuity between R2 and R3 through the...
10% perhaps?  Good investments for £15 though
Oh sorry, I posted in one of the other P5 threads:   Originally Posted by pjoliver182  Hey people.  Custom Cable do a replacement for the P5 at a very reasonable £15.  I bought one and tried it against my own custom design and can't tell the difference.   It looks the part, fits perfectly and is cheap.  No need to look elsewhere in my opinion.
Tharex   Unfortunately sound quality and tone equalization are extremely subjective; whilst I love the sound of my own P5's you may not like them if you listened to them.   The biggest improvement for me was the ear cushion mod; if you have done that already then that's what the P5's sound like.  The other mods to cables etc will only make subtle changes in my experience.   Break in - I'm not sure.  I bought mine 2nd hand so I don't know what they sound like...
Hey people.  Custom Cable do a replacement for the P5 at a very reasonable £15.  I bought one and tried it against my own custom design and can't tell the difference.   It looks the part, fits perfectly and is cheap.  No need to look elsewhere in my opinion.
"Offers improvements over standard cable" - doesn't sound very exciting!  For £15 though its worth a test against my modded cable.   Thanks for the link!
Ah yes I found that cable last year but decided it was waaaaay too expensive!   Interested to know what difference it'll make though; let us know if you get one