Posts by pjoliver182

10% perhaps?  Good investments for £15 though
Oh sorry, I posted in one of the other P5 threads:   Originally Posted by pjoliver182  Hey people.  Custom Cable do a replacement for the P5 at a very reasonable £15.  I bought one and tried it against my own custom design and can't tell the difference.   It looks the part, fits perfectly and is cheap.  No need to look elsewhere in my opinion.
Tharex   Unfortunately sound quality and tone equalization are extremely subjective; whilst I love the sound of my own P5's you may not like them if you listened to them.   The biggest improvement for me was the ear cushion mod; if you have done that already then that's what the P5's sound like.  The other mods to cables etc will only make subtle changes in my experience.   Break in - I'm not sure.  I bought mine 2nd hand so I don't know what they sound like...
Hey people.  Custom Cable do a replacement for the P5 at a very reasonable £15.  I bought one and tried it against my own custom design and can't tell the difference.   It looks the part, fits perfectly and is cheap.  No need to look elsewhere in my opinion.
"Offers improvements over standard cable" - doesn't sound very exciting!  For £15 though its worth a test against my modded cable.   Thanks for the link!
Ah yes I found that cable last year but decided it was waaaaay too expensive!   Interested to know what difference it'll make though; let us know if you get one 
Hi Shaka   I'm glad the mod convinced you to keep your P5's.  I remember being so disappointed with mine when I first got them; but at that time there were no forum threads containing anything useful about improving them - just a few posts saying how much people didn't like them!   My own view is that the drivers themselves produce excellent sound quality; its the bit between them and your ears that fouls up the musical accuracy.  Interestingly there seem to be a...
Hi again - your recent posts got me thinking so I've done a couple of experiments myself:   The best material I've found so far is from some hearing protection buds from work - the small squishy ear buds that you push in to your ear canals to protect your hearing in noisy environments.  There's a lot more 'thump' from the bass drum right now as I listen to some rock tracks from my iPhone.   FYI I use an Epiphany Acoustics O2 headphone amp with a line out cable...
Hi Holger   First of all I would satisfy yourself that the P5's a fully burned in - are you using an iPhone app?  Run some low frequency sweeps for like 24 hours or something and see if you notice any difference.   As for the bass response, its personal preference...if you have more bass, you have less of everything else (for the same overall volume).  I personally like everything to have a 'flat' EQ balance so that only the amount of bass recorded is what is...
If you have not done so already, modify the foam.  You will bring 'life', 'detail' and 'balance' to the foreground of the soundstage.   The stock cable is ridiculously thin I agree; I wanted to reuse the stock 2.5mm plug with 10mm of cable initially and then just solder some better cable to this but it was impossible to even strip the ends of the wires without breaking them.   My solution was to install some sennheiser cable by removing the outer insulation,...