or Connect

Posts by GoSUV

Beyer does have the 1.4m short cable available separately for purchase, which is the standard cable that comes with the T5p Gen 2, but fits the T1 Gen 2 as well.
The benefits of 5GHz over the 2.4GHz spectrum in terms of less congestion, less interference, less channel overlap and higher potential bandwidth is well acknowledged, but someone please explain me why grandma needs to drive a Ferrari to church on a Sunday morning?   Let's talk about the bandwidth required to stream lossless RBCD for a moment. Assuming we leave out the transmission overhead, we have 44,100 samples per second, 2 channels for stereo, 16-bit depth, roughly...
I was trying to look for information about this product, because I own a Mojo, and after going through almost 50 pages of it, I now don't understand what the fuss is all about - that people are repeatedly banging on Chord's doors demanding details to be published, before the device is ready.   Ok, a product is announced at a trade show, that naturally gets people's excitement up. But at the same time, the manufacturer also says the product isn't yet released, so we...
This is called a pass-through connection. But the thing is, your wireless external drive's firmware and the app on your phone (the Settings on the app) both have to support it. And additionally, when you are on the go, your phone's OS will have to know the Wifi network you have connected to, is just a local network and knows to direct your internet-bound traffic using your 4G/LTE/3G cellular connection instead.
The Hugo 2 is going to be an end game for me. I had been seriously looking at the TT to use as my home 2-channel entertainment system, but the asking price has put me off. Now the Hugo 2 is definitely within my budget and although I haven't listened to either (I have the Mojo only), I'll bet the Hugo 2 would at least close the gap between the old Hugo and TT. I can't imagine the TT suddenly falling in price (maybe just a little 10-20% discount), so the Hugo 2 is a better...
If you use the Shure silicone tips, or even the Shure triple flange white ones, can you cut the stem shorter and fit them onto the BTA, then the tips won't stick out as much? Gotta give this a try or someone has already tried this?
If you find the clamping force not enough, you can always adjust the curve of the headband by gently pushing it inwards to be more of a "U" shape. Mine came new in the box with the headband more open, and 1) it was not clamping enough; 2) the headband was more like "resting" on the top of my head and it made my head ache after only half an hour of listening, until I did this adjustment and the curve of the headband now follows roughly the contour of my head, which made it...
Yes, one is open and the other is closed, but they are closer in sound signature than you might think. I have both, and I have to say that, they have more in common than they are different. What's different, is actually quite subtle as well. For example, the T1.2 sounds a little more open, well, because it's open (or semi-open, whatever that means). The T5p.2 sounds a little more in your head. The T5p.2 has more isolation, and the T1.2 still lets you hear what's going on...
Yes you are right the headband and ear pads are now synthetic rather than real leather, but the material quality seems high and workmanship flawless on my pair. I have both the Gen1 and Gen2 and I feel no regrets about the change of materials from leather to synthetic. I've worn them twice on long haul flights (that's 4 sectors) from Hong Kong to London and I was always wearing them the entire flight except during takeoff/landing and taking a bio-break. No discomfort...
IMHO the Beyer T5p.2 is the best all-around closed high-end headphone you can buy today. Compared to the old version, the new one has more bass body, while not sacrificing the wonderfully open and airy high end these headphones are known for, thus they are a lot more suitable for a wider ranging of genres. Of course the ultimate decision comes down to personal preference, but I think the new version will be more likeable to a lot more audience whereas the first gen can be...