Posts by GoSUV

I have the T5p.1, T5p.2 and T1.2 so I am going to offer my opinion of the sound signature of all 3. They are all driven by the Chord Mojo so there is no possibility of a different amp/DAC introducing their own color, except maybe the T1.2 needing higher output on the Mojo to drive them to the same volume level, which the Mojo is entirely capable of doing.   T5p.1 - the most bass light of the bunch, you might call it the most neutral, but there is more than this. With...
Whether different USB cables make any differences depend on your source equipment. I would rank the following in order of electrical noise that would transmit via the USB cable to the Mojo: desktop computers > laptop computers > smart phones > tablets (non-LTE capable, otherwise same as smart phones) > DAP's including iPod Touch's   So if you are using a DAP as source to connect to the Mojo, the effect of different USB cables is going to be subtle and negligible,...
Does the Poly work over Airplay with the iPod Touch - when I'm on the go, i.e. not at home and not joined my home wifi network?
That's true if your main source of music is from online. However, if you have tons, and I mean multiple GB's of ripped music in ALAC, AAC or MP3 format, that you simply have no choice but to find the room on your iOS device to store them, then the iPod Touch is a great choice. I know, the microSD card slot on the Poly is potentially going to give you another option, but what's unknown so far is how you will organize the file structure on it so the app for the Poly will...
Don't forget, besides the iPhone, there is always the iPod Touch, which can be had up to 128GB capacity. It is Wifi and bluetooth capable, and of course runs most apps supported on the iPhone. Besides, after holding the "plus" model of the iPhone for a while, you suddenly realize the iPod Touch weighs almost nothing. For me, this is the perfect portable transport player for the Poly/Mojo combo, if you don't want to move away from the iOS ecosystem.
This is the first time ever I heard from anyone who thinks the T5p Gen 1 is better than the Gen 2 in such a dramatic way. Unless you EQ the music to a point where the bass is overly bloated, I can never imagine the Gen 2 being a bass-heavy headphone. OTOH, everyone who heard my T5p Gen 1, including prospective buyers, comments that the Gen 1 is too bass-shy to give it serious consideration, when they are looking for TOTL closed headphones. The Gen 2 is simply much more...
I have tried using the Mojo directly with the T1 Gen 2 or feeding the Mojo's output to 2 different desktop amps and don't find the Mojo on itself lacking. If anything, the additional external amps make the sound just a tiny bit less transparent, and the sound signature changes just a bit - for better or for worse is entirely personal taste, but it wasn't as ground breakingly better in favor of the external amps as claimed by someone making a post earlier. The Mojo is...
Rechargeable batteries will always have a limited useful life. Eventually the batteries will have to be replaced. All portable electronic devices depend on rechargeable batteries. Li-ion batteries are the best choice given they have the best power/capacity to weight/size ratio. But they are also pretty dangerous if poor quality components are used and/or good design principles are not followed -  just ask Samsung. I'm sure Chord does not cut corners in their products, so...
Beyer does have the 1.4m short cable available separately for purchase, which is the standard cable that comes with the T5p Gen 2, but fits the T1 Gen 2 as well.
The benefits of 5GHz over the 2.4GHz spectrum in terms of less congestion, less interference, less channel overlap and higher potential bandwidth is well acknowledged, but someone please explain me why grandma needs to drive a Ferrari to church on a Sunday morning?   Let's talk about the bandwidth required to stream lossless RBCD for a moment. Assuming we leave out the transmission overhead, we have 44,100 samples per second, 2 channels for stereo, 16-bit depth, roughly...