or Connect

Posts by GoSUV

I just took a long-haul flight from Hong Kong to London in CX business class with the T5p.2, with Chord Mojo and iPad mini driving it. The experience is incredible. The headphones are so comfortable and much better tuned than the original T5p, that I consider this an end-game. I mean, with the airplane seats fully reclined into a bed, I could just fall asleep to the music. The T5p.2 are much more suitable to vocal music now that they sound more full bodied than before, and...
To each his own I guess. If you need the ultimate isolation and the least leakage, you would go for IEM's but you have to make some sacrifices since the soundstage will not be the same. To eliminate outside noise such as airplane engines, there are headphones with active noise cancellation but this also introduces some other factors like the ANC circuitry and its related shortcomings. You gain some and you lose some. To me the T5p's isolates adequately given its other...
I have both the original T5p and T5p Gen 2 side by side, and I don't notice any external differences related to how the Gen 2 would leak more sound than the original. Now that I have just gotten the Gen 2, and from what I can tell, these two isolate the same and I am willing to bet they leak the same too, which is not a lot, but if you turn up the music loud, people nearby would hear some noises, but won't be able to tell exactly what you are listening to. Compared to my...
I have owned the original T5p for about 5 years and am very familiar with their sound, and have just picked up a pair of T5p Gen 2 from Amazon. Initial impression of the Gen 2 is, this is what the original should have been, as Beyer has finally fixed the issue of the original, including adding removable cables as a feature.   The original T5p was supposed to be the end game closed back headphone, but being slightly bass light, lacking in quantity (but not quality), as...
Rob,   The 20W mono amp idea does sound very intriguing to me, as where in my neck of the woods, space is at a premium and if it is only as large as the Hugo, I'd be very interested and will hold off on my search for some power amps in the near future. Does the amp work with analog line inputs or will it only work with the digital output from DAVE? Thanks in advance.
For anyone who has experience with the T5p.2, is the leakage more like:   "someone can faintly hear I'm listening to music" leakage, or "they can hear exactly what song I'm listening to, 7 out of 10 times" leakage?   Also, under what circumstances did you form this above impression, is it: - in a quiet environment no louder than the typical office noise, or - in a retail store environment or other public places where ambience noise is higher"?
While it's true in general regarding the difference between single-ended vs. balanced, but in reality, component design and cable length also contribute. For example, if a device's design is optimized for single-ended, its balanced performance may not be ideal. Since you need twice the number of components to properly do balanced over SE, there's more chance of distortion and the result may not be necessarily better - it's all in the design. Furthermore, there's the issue...
The Chord Mojo does drive the T1.2 adequately without breaking a sweat, but I agree with what others have said regarding the lack of isolation for the "semi-open" T1.2 - although it leaks less than fully open phones like the HD800 or T90, you wouldn't want to use them in a flight still. If Beyer's sound does intrigue you, the upcoming T5p.2 should be quite interesting, as it is closed and should be an improvement over the original T5p, which can sound a bit bright and...
I haven't encountered any problems with my iPhone 6S when using the Mojo together with the SE846. But most of the time, I'm using a iPod Touch 6th gen since it is much cheaper to get the maximum offered capacity (128G) in order to fit my songs. I haven't had any hissing problems with any of these devices when used with the Mojo. The Mojo is one of the quietest DAC/amps you can get. Some people may be more sensitive to hiss than others, but from what I can tell, there is none.
Has anyone directly compared the DT1770 Pro to the T1 2nd Gen? I know one is closed and the latter is semi-open, but let's say isolation is not a factor, how do these headphones compare in terms of their sound signature, like bass quantity/quality, mids, and treble extension/smoothness, soundstage, and other caveats?