or Connect

Posts by Coolzo

Hello all, I apologize once again. It appears that we have encountered some delays, but I can finally report this: I have requested a reservation on September 17th at the Harmon Library (main room), from 9am to 4pm, as per our standard times. It is currently pending, so we will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed!
 Ah, so Philharmonic is still in business eh? Is Salk still making cabinets for them? I contacted Sir Dennis Murphy a couple months ago, and he said that Salk may be leaving them, therefore he could not take any new orders at the time. Looks like they must still be, though! I've been really wanting to try a pair.
It is almost certainly going to be either September 17th, or if not then September 24th. Neither library will let us place a reserve on a room more than a few months in advance, so on the 17th of this month (in a couple days), we should be able to reserve the 17th of September. I imagine it'll not be a problem, since we'll be contacting them on the day those dates come available.As for gear, it looks like my setup will be this (yes, lots of buying and selling and trading...
By all means, show up and just enjoy the music- no gear necessary! We've been pretty reasonably packed the last couple meets. No doubt there will be plenty of interesting equipment to go around. In just a couple days, the library should be able to let us reserve the room(s)- stay tuned!
You gotta make sure your filthy power stays purely filthy.
My favorite headphones for drum 'n' bass and such have always been modded T50RPs, however I have begun to prefer a more realistic sound with better imaging (a la modded HD800, with ample power). In that genre in particular, music from certain labels or artists is of strikingly good sound quality (Hospital Records is one example), thus one can appreciate the extra mid and treble resolution from a can such as the HD800 (especially with jazz-inspired compositions). I must...
Cell phone pic of the day. Revitalized my old Fostex mod by making use of my class D monoblocks and my new Robinette box (courtesy of @funch). Resistor network is bypassed, so a straight 100wpc@8ohms into my cans. This resolved my channel imbalance issues! There was obvious differences between the drivers, likely brought to light by the dual-entry cable mod, which would not dissappear no matter what I did. Well, found the solution! EDIT: Or maybe it's not that simple......
^well, there you have it. I promise, we will have a different venue for future meets after this upcoming one! I do hope this suits everyone. The goal is to locate a venue which is larger, more private, quiet, and reasonably 'in-the-middle' of the Phoenix area, so that the commute is fair for all attendees. 
Indeed, unfortunately, the majority of rooms are not on the first floor. Of course there is an elevator, but for the sake of simplicity, we were thinking of keeping it on the first story.Do you guys have any more thoughts on this? Do those with heavy gear mind lugging it through the elevator? I believe one room in particular which seemed quite nice (and very quiet as well), was a conference room on the third floor, which wasn't all that much more expensive than the meeting...