Posts by DJHeadshot

The ipod touch does not support flac with the stock music player and I was talking about dynamic range compression not lossy(mp3,aac,etc) vs lossless(flac,wav,etc) compression.  FLAC vs high bitrate mp3 does not sound any different to me in ABX test with critical listening.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war   And yes more heavily compressed music with less dynamic range sounds worse.  This in example below between 2 different version of a metallica song.  The...
I either buy the CD from amazon.com and rip it myself to FLAC using EAC or buy the albums I want from amazon mp3 if its much cheaper that way or I only want specific songs.  I also download music from free legal music sites like ektoplazm.com or ocremix.org.  Amazon mp3 and Bandcamp also have alot of free downloads of album and songs in addition to there non free selection.  If your just looking to get access to allot of high quality music for a low price Spotify is $5 a...
Same thing happened to mine no amount of blowing or slapping the side of the cup will fix it I can get it to stop buzzing while playing music but the bass on the right cup has disappeared compared to the left cup.  Going to send them back to Panasonic for repair not going to bother trying to fix them by opening them up.
That's good news the main reason why the current air line has the bass it does is the pads which hardly capture any of the bass pressure the drivers are capable off any new pads should be capable of more bass.  Be nice if someone who understood Japanese could give a more accurate translation particular in the impressions the guy leaves of how they sound.
Swan M50W would have been a great choice but there sold out now suppose to be back in December.  The cheaper Swan M10 would also be a good choice since you don't need alot of bass and looking for clarity in a small form factor and it is very sleek looking imo.
Its not to hard to setup you just need some speaker wire you plug the speaker wire from the output on the amp to the high level input on your sub then connect speaker wire from the high level output on the sub to your Dayton B652 speakers.  You just need to adjust the crossover settings till it sounds right and the sub blends in with the speakers bass should sound like its coming from the main speakers I crossover at 80hz with mine with the Dayton B652  The gain settings...
He's right your sub isn't cutting anything out your speakers are still getting the full frequency audio signal just go to this site and run a 30hz signal at a higher volume and take of your speakers covers and you can feel the Dayton B652 woofers moving attempting to reproduce the signal.   http://onlinetonegenerator.com/   Nothing wrong with your setup it fine you've properly blended the sub properly so it fills in where the Dayton B652 starts to roll off and the bass...
This is my current setup but I use the Dayton Sub 1200 and yeah the Dayton B652 are great budget speakers that really come alive when paired with a properly configured sub to fill in the low end these can't audibly reproduce.  They can do all genre's of music justice and great for gaming perfect for near field use at a computer.  I have to disagree with smaller subs being better for music then larger sub though.  A properly designed 12" sub will sound just as good for...
Defiantly interested in how these sound hopefully they have more bass presence and better extension while keeping or improving upon the good aspects of the current air line.
Also I have a panasonic htf600 and its quite nice sounding and decent all rounder after eqing for all genres of music + games and movies.  but considering your primary music genres and the type of bass your saying you want you will likely be left wanting.  At flat eq its not going to provide the "thundering bass" response you desire its extends well but not super low and the bass level isn't boosted enough to really rumble at stock even with bass heavy dubstep.  Using my...