Posts by DJHeadshot

Nice written review and comparison I also like your video reviews pleasant voice well articulated and informative covering the major points about the headphone sound,build, and comfort.  From the sounds of things I would prefer the AD900X over the MA900 being brighter more lively headphone and having the larger sense of space to the sound despite not having as precise imaging.  As long as the sub-bass is a good improvement over the AD700 in extension and quantity at...
You won't get speaker like soundstage and imaging out of headphones regardless of what headphone you have or any processing your applying but I would defiantly stick to open headphones if your looking for something to try to come as close as possible in a headphone.  I would highly reccomend you try out rpg wizards dolby headphone config for Foobar2000 I use his laid back config and the improvement to imaging and soundstage is very nice its still not going to compete...
Thats not due to the wing system so much as the complete lack of any clamp force on them stock what you need to do is take the two metal bars and bend them hard inward to increase the clamp force makes them fit much more securely also brings the sound more forward with more bass and more volume.  Don't bend them to much or your wings might break off from being pushed into each other I was able to snap them back on as they merely snapped off and didn't break the plastic...
I went to costco and saw someone wearing a classic blue portapro using a netbook at the food court also saw someone wearing blue beats studios there.
Game positional audio will depend on the sound engine of the particular game your playing as well the surround sound  method your using in your case is dolby headphone if your setting it correctly to 5.1 output in the control panel it would then come down to the game in question.  Older games in general tend to have better audio as far as positional audio is concerned something like battlefield 3 has some really nice audio design and quality sounds like your in a actual...
Cad Audio MH310 clear sounding with deep extending bass that will give you very solid impact and rubmle even without eq and its soundstage is pretty big for a closed HP and has decent imaging so its good for gaming as well.  Defiantly a better choice then V6 for the music your listening to and gaming.  If you can eq the V6 bass up its quite nice souding as it does go pretty deep(not as deep as the MH310) just lacking in quanitity and the mids and highs are good but sound...
Apple stuff is suppose to have pretty good sound quality and are you talking about the new earpods or the old earbuds(New ones are suppose to be much better)?  Anyways I had the HD 428 and there not really a headphone that jumps out of the you with there sound they have a laid back smoother sound due to the rolled off treble and leave bass politely behind the mids its there but not in the forefront its the opposite of the exciting v shaped headphone curve with boosted...
HM5 are good pair of headphones closed but have quite a large sound stage with good detail and are not bright so not fatiguing to listen to but I wouldn't call them dark or  laid back in the highs  The HD 428 I had had laid back highs this is closer to neutral..  The bass extends deep but it lacks impact and rumble you need to boost them alot to really bring the bass forward.  Compared to the ultrazones which are known for big bass and bright highs it probably not what...
V Moda M100 sounds like they would a good match.
Just to be clear are you talking about the old ears buds? or the new ipod ear pods that look like this.