Posts by ComradeNF

Yeah, I know about repping. I am always on overclock.net. I usually hand out rep at the very end when I am finished with the thread though, that is personally how I do it :).   The sound settings seem to get kind of complicated. I have bookshelf speakers connected to an amp, so having 3 sound control settings could get very confusing, very fast. I just really don't want to have to use crappy laptop onboard sound.
So there would be no way to hook both my speakers and my headphones to the Fiio E10 at the same time? I want to listen to my speakers through USB as well, that is why I am asking.
Thanks very much for the information. I think I will be purchasing the Fiio E10 then, since I don't need an E7 for on the go (it will stay on my desk).   One more question: If I plug headphones into the Fiio E10 headphone port can I still have my speakers connected on the back? I don't want to pass audio through both at the same time, but it would save time if I wouldn't have to unplug the speaker line out every time I want to use headphones.
So basically a DAC and a sound card perform the same functions?   What about equilizer settings? Is there any software for decreasing midrange, increasing bass, etc.
So I am not an audiophile and I know very little about audio products, so I was hoping to get some help from you guys.   I am selling my desktop and my Titanium HD is in there. I will be using a laptop from now on, which has onboard audio. In a few months my father will be purchasing me a Macbook Pro, so I need something that will work with a mac along with a PC. Basically, I want to continue to use my speakers (B652's with a TA2020 amp) and my headphones (Ultrasone...
I have been using the CKM50's now for 2 days and I would like to report my findings.   First off, for $20 these headphones are fantastic. The value is incredible. The very punchy bass is very handy when listening to things like generic American radio music, dubstep, or electronic music. Vocals sound great too. I don't really listen to Dubstep but I have found myself navigating to Skrillex a few times yesterday just to hear how punchy and fun the bass is on these...
  I purchased these IEM's in January and used them for a few weeks. Reason for selling is that I change my IEM's around once a month to get new sound experiences, and I have moved on to a different pair now. The unit is from a pet and smoke free home.   The unit is in excellent condition. All the earbuds have been washed and cleaned, and the unit itself has been cleaned as well. It looks pretty much new. There is a very slight discoloration on the 3.5mm jack but it...
My Koss Portapro's were a few years old and the cables were getting a little old, so I sent it to them and they sent me a brand new replacement. All I did was make sure the headphones work. The cable hasn't even been untangled yet!   Asking for $28 in the US and I will pay for the shipping. I accept paypal only.   Also, I know I am new to head-fi, so I haven't sold anything yet. However I have a 100% trader rating with over 70 purchases and sales on eBay, and a...
Just got the CKM50's at my house today. Purchased for $20 from Buydig. I have to say, while I really enjoy the bass on these headphones, I feel that the midrange and treble are especially lacking. I am comparing them to the A151's and CC51's that I previously used.   The bass on these IEM's is absolutely fantastic. I listen to only metal but I tried out some skrillex paired with my Titanium HD and its very punchy and nice to listen to. However, the bass does seem to...
I heard the bass is very overpowering though, and sometimes it makes the mids hard to hear. Do you think I would have a problem with that if I buy the CKM50's?