Posts by tuberock

Sweet you will be happy! They are all very hard to get and expensive. The Genalex Gold is more common. So if you can find a Miniwatt for cheap that's even better.  
I might do that. It will be at least a couple months though. As I am still waiting to see if things change with the LCD 3. I go back and forth on pulling the trigger now.   I know the one thing the Audiophilleo has over the Mk3 is integer mode. Maybe if enough Hiface owners and Empirical Offramp owners email request M2TECH for an integer mode driver update { hint, hint ;) }, we could compare apples to apples. M2TECH has replied to me it's Bit Perfect, so theirs no need....
I think you can't go wrong with either one. If you get a CCa make sure it's a 50's or early 60's grey plate. The later ones are more common and not as good. If I could only have one, my favorite is the pinched waist Amperex. The miniwatts sounds very similar. But those three are the top ones. The CCa is just a different type of sound vs those two. If you like more detailed analytical clarity, the biggest holographic sound stage and can find one get it. If you like a lush...
Oh this makes sense. I read this review http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/index.php/audio-reviews/digital-source-reviews/item/156-red-wine-audio-isabellina-lfp-v-edition and he mentioned the same thing. The isabellina DAC was too polite. I found the HPA isabellina  LFP-V to be a great balance of intimate and aggressive. The HPA has a good solid state amp after the DAC. Which amp are you using? Maybe something like a Burson 160 would have good synergy. They are priced...
Yes I have tested the 1950's Siemen CCa. It's a great tube. It has a much bigger soundstage then the JJ's. Even bigger than the Dario Miniwatt. It is more on the analytical side vs the miniwatt. Which tends to have more of that tube warmth. At the same time the CCa is more musical than the JJ's. The bass on the CCa is deeper and has more impact than the JJ's and a little more than the miniwatt. Compared to the JJ's the CCa beats it all aspect. Especially the sound field...
I agree! :)  
When using the MkIII and the HPA together the sound was better, vs the hpa directly connecting to the source.  The sound field was deeper and wider. The instrument separation was more precise. It gave it more of a 3 dimensional sound. Without sacrificing any clarity or dynamics.   
Hope this helps because things are relative to each system. Which may have different components with different implementations. Such as synchronous or asynchronous usb. So you get  different results.   I believe each system is different. In my current system, the Red Wine Isabellina HPA does not need analog cables. But using the wywire usb cable made a noticeable difference in sound. Interconnects can also make a noticeable difference in sound, in a different system. So...
I use the shielded Wywire usb cable. The owner Alex, says the cheaper one sounds very similar, but I have not tried it. Yes I use the one that came with the Isabellina as well as other standard usb cables I have lying arond. They all sound very similar. I have on different systems but the hpa does not need any analog cables, because the d/a and headphone amp are in the same unit. So it's not the best comparison. But I think all cables make a difference if you use the...
Is interger mode a significant improvement over hog mode by itself.