Posts by steviebee

This thread should get the metallers out in droves.... What's the point? Life is the point. Society moving faster, people bewitched by ads, cars, cryo cables, identikit celebrities, JH-13Pro or whatever is beside the point. You don't have to partake of that maya...it's an act of mind: that old Buddhist saw seems apt - two monks endlessly arguing whether the wind moved a flag or the flag moved itself. Teacher came along, said: 'Neither, it is your mind moving'. ...
Thanks for the allmusic link to Beware, leeperry. But it's not the same album...looking at my vinyl copy, sleeve is totally different (mine is a multicoloured painting of a Rasta throwing down the tablets of stone onto the Statue Of Liberty) as are track names. I see on the label it's simply titled Beware Dub (Vivian (Yabby U) Jackson) Prophets. Grove Records, which I believe was a North London (UK) label. Sleeve: Recorded at Channel One, JA, mixed at King Tubby's,...
leeperry, you found Beware on CD? Impressed - I've kept an eye on the racks for years but never found it. The wrong racks obviously! I'd be grateful for label & cat number.... I need to check out Vibration, and the expanded Super Ape. Thanks. I agree. No Puma? No Rose?! No Black Uhuru! x2 on Linval Thompson, Toots and Moses, Isaacs of course.
Quote: Originally Posted by tru blu There have been too few mentions of Lucinda and Rosanne, so for my $.02 prize: Lucinda Williams Rosanne Cash Definite x2 on these ladies...I kinda like Nancy Griffiths too...
Frogspit rubbed on both cups on a full moon night with a cloudless sky. Works for me. Dang hard gettin' em to cough up tho...I tempt em with flies n ants usually - if that don't work I threaten em with a silica gel packet or two.
I hope you guys are not including Dwight Yoakam & Rosie Flores with the soulless mainstream babble ( I guess you'd call them contemporary tho they've been around for years)....& x2 on Laura Cantrell, Amy Allison and 16 Horsepower. I also like, nay, love, Emmylou, Handsome Family, Ian Tyson, even ol' Mike Murphy, & for a bit of bar-band fun the Two Dollar Pistols.
most of my reggae is on vinyl, but you can pick a lot of them up on CD. A few faves: Culture: Two Sevens Clash Yabby Yu & The Prophets: Beware Dub (good luck finding this on CD! I never have ) Bob Marley & The Wailers: Rastaman Vibration/Burnin'/Catch A Fire Prince Far I & The Arabs: Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter 111 Bunny Wailer: Blackheart Man Mighty Diamonds: Right Time/Planet Earth Dr Alimantado: Best Dressed Chicken Lee 'Scratch' Perry & The Upsetters: Super...
Hey GDV, a vey happy birthday to you. Keep flyin' the Kinkdom flag!
Indeed - and many happy returns.
Short cable (+ an extension if you need it)? Victor FX - HP500, deliciously compact cable and darn good SQ to boot.