Posts by steviebee

It's odd how pleasurable DE shaving is, compared to the modern Mach!Turbo!Blam!Fusion stuff.... Partly the ritual I think. Makes for a pleasing & resonant start to the day. Bit like making tea properly... And partly because the results are so satisfying! Now where did I put those Feathers....?
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Erik I could be OK with Vick if he takes full responsibility for what he did, denounces it, swears to never do it again, then works for animal rights and, hopefully, puts part of his salary towards animal rescue and shelters. If people genuinely turn around and demonstrate remorse, they should get another chance. If he shrugs it off or whines about having been treated unfairly, then he doesn't deserve another...
Indeed, one of the legends. Does anyone else find it sad that news of his death has generated what, only 12 posts to date here on Head Fi (including another similar thread in Music forum)? EDIT| Scratch that - just seen another 3 page thread a ways below this one...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaoDi There's a new Lune Series coming out, with new material, new conductors, and a whole new design. Getting my hands on those when they arrive. Ooh, new goodies? Replacing the Lune line I wonder, or slotting between it & their $$$ range (can't recall the name)?
Quote: Originally Posted by mistertomlinson .... I've read the custom UE cable is a bad choice for the Triple.fis...... I use UE custom cable on one of my (un-customed) Triple.Fi -sounds superb! Have Null Lune on my other pair. Great sense of almost 3D imaging & soundstage on some recordings (trance stuff, for example, shines with this setup). The pins don't fit flush as stock but of course this wouldn't be a problem if you have them re-shelled....
Quote: Originally Posted by spleisher For my part, I'm done. My search for the holy grail of headphones has come to a euphoric end. Until the JH -91 Pro
Sad news. Rashied Ali was a superb powerfully inventive player - RIP. I'm trying to recall if he was playing with Archie Shepp when I caught him at the 100 Club years ago. Les Paul: Legend, simple as that. RIP. You're a lucky man, tru blu....must've been wonderful meeting both of them.
Silver band? You working on your Cyberman outfit? We need a HeadFier who works in BBC props...then I also could get my Dalek ruby ray replaced.
Yes, I liked the band but generally disliked Thom's delivery fairly intensely...never could reconcile the two. Tried to concentrate on the bits he didn't sing on, lol...
Ooh, that Qualia looks nice. The tech look done right, compared to the 800's...