Posts by manveru

That picture you posted is of a guy named Marshall Rosenberg. The fact that you randomly posted a picture of him not even knowing where it was from struck me as quite a coincidence because I am familiar with him and his work in developing a form of nonviolent communication.   I wish that everyone who gets into senseless arguments about nothing on forums would learn a little something from him.
  Click on the bottom leftmost link in my sig and you'll see what I mean.   If you're referring to iTunes, I use Ubuntu...
  I have such iTunes 11 interface envy.     Well that was unexpected. Do you know who this is a picture of? Or is it just a funny picture? Either way, what a coincidence.
  Neither are the AD2k technically, but I think the AD1000PRM are a limited edition which makes it even harder...?
  I actually like firmly clamping headphones. The clampier the better :p
  Yeah.   Indeed. I'm basing my impressions on certain tracks which I'm pretty sure contain the sub bass I'm talking about. At least, based on my experiences with parametric EQ's and the observation that on headphones which are rolled-off certain parts of these tracks can come close to or virtually disappear. Come to think of it, I think I could run those songs through a frequency analyzer to be sure of what exactly is going on there if I want. Hadn't occurred to me...
Are we discussing the properties of balanced audio, or making irrelevant judgements and analyzations of other peoples' behavior and blaming them for things that aren't their fault and have nothing to do with anything to begin with?     In any case, I've had the Paradox for about two weeks now, but have been too lazy to try and write anything about them. To be honest, I've kind of been losing interest in Head-fi and audio gear. Partly because I no longer subscribe...
  Indeed. That's why I tried to qualify my statement with "as for myself." As soon as I stopped reading as much, I couldn't write as articulately or "flowery" anymore, no matter if I was posting online, writing essays at school or what have you. Reading works best for me personally.     Eh, it was only for one semester between dropping physics and transferring to my current school to do music. I don't have a great desire to discuss history unless I need it in order to...
I majored in history briefly, and I'd say it definitely will require lots of writing. As for myself, I find that writing skills and language proficiency in general are directly proportional to the amount of reading done. And I mean "real" books, like literature or philosophical essays or things of that nature.
  Indeed, indeed.