Posts by manveru

Probably has something to do with it. I hate powder or packet green tea as well. It's got to be the actual leaves or nothing.   I respectfully maintain that this makes absolutely no sense. Unless my experiences are for whatever reason somehow unique from everyone else's, this just doesn't track. Low fidelity headphones would make a bad recording sound worse. For example, say the headphone in question has spikey treble, or a deep valley in the lower mids, or...
  I don't know. It just seems to me that a lot of things that people say about gear and audio stem more from abstract reasoning, emotional desires, and culturally praised aesthetics applied to reality and experience, rather than the other way around. Personally, I think a lot of the words people use to describe things around here don't make any sense or even have anything to do with reality. For example, take the descriptor "analytical." I've always thought that this was...
  I sense that we haven't even talking about the same thing.
  It's weird. I've tried green tea ice cream and cakes or breads before. Both made me feel really sick. But I drink green tea and it's awesome.     What other options? The reason I started complaining in the first place is because I was saying there were no other good options. Just a few that are decent at best and then a whole lot which suck really bad.
  No they don't. The only two music players with interfaces I really liked are iTunes 11 and the old Zune software. Neither can be used with Wine. The thing that kind of sucks about both of them anyway too is they're made by really retarded people who think it's a good idea to restrict you to their own dumb proprietary formats. No plugins or anything, pretty sure Zune doesn't even have a basic graphic EQ.     That's what I'm talking about though. I don't think that even...
  I wasn't talking about you, just thinking aloud about generalities.    More general thoughts: I've never understood the idea of "unforgiving" either. The idea that some headphone is "so good that it makes bad recordings unlistenable." IME, a good headphone is...a good headphone. By the nature of what it's supposed to be it sounds good. Everything you play through it sounds better compared to a not as good headphone. Besides, a bad recording is a bad recording. It...
  I wouldn't actually do that, but I almost want to. Most music players in linux suck hard. There's only a few that are decent and none that are actually very good.
  That desktop. Once I have it, I'm almost tempted to just use Windows at first and see if I can get used to it again or be able to stand it, just for the ability to use iTunes. Almost...maybe...
  I wish it could actually work with Wine. I was messing around on my friend's Macbook yesterday and I have such iTunes 11 envy! Argh!     Can't really read this, but I'm sure it's the best.     I've never understood the idea that a headphone is "better" or "worse" for specific genres either. Well, I think it can be to a certain extent, but not to the specificity and detail that people often seem to make it out to be. I've certainly never entertained the idea of having...
  Why would you do that? ಥ_ಥ