Posts by manveru

@bowei I think you're referring to the Sakamichi no Apollon OP. "Sakamichi no Melody." Yuki and Yoko. (;_・)
  Because it's the only thing that I can do in life that doesn't make me want to kill myself. There are lots of random things you can do with music/audio actually. I need to practice my butt off though.    I dunno. Around here it seems like everyone is in a similar situation as me. It's taking them 5-6 years to graduate, it's really hard to get certain classes you need because they fill up instantly, budgets cuts and that kind of stuff. Tuition costs 2x as much now than...
  I'm a music major, and really no one cares if you have a degree for music-related things if you're competent, so if I was going to pursue that type of thing anyway, I'm not super worried about it in that sense. If I can survive, I'd consider that success. I'm not an "ambitious" person.     Who can graduate in 4 years nowadays? I'm looking at two more years minimum from now to get a bachelor's.   In any case, I've got another quarter ahead at least. Already payed for...
  Meanwhile, I'm feeling depressed and seriously considering the possibility of dropping out of uni after ~4 years. Recently it's been hitting me hard (though I've always known it to some degree) just how stifling, trapped, and utterly oppressed academia and the current education system is. There is little to no free thought or creativity, just convention and mindless thought and action based on primitive beliefs, romantic fervor, and taking current outrageously violent...
@Vortex's Pics I think the Stax are the only thing left that still impress me.
  Like crap, I've read.     What is that even supposed to mean? 
  There's enough to go on to keep going for now. At times it seems good and promising. I think it's mostly the (attempted) humor and stuff like that that bugs me, like the how ridiculous some of the characters are or that stupid frakking bird. Ugh. Same type of things that bothered me to no end with Clannad, though to a milder and more tolerable degree. Visually not great, but not bad either as with a lot of things.
Watched first two episodes of Toradora. It's pretty much exactly like I expected it to be, which is to say, I can't tell. Parts of it seem ok, and parts of it seem rather obnoxious. I'll watch a little more later on...
  Yeah...that's...disappointing.
  Probably has something to do with it. I hate powder or packet green tea as well. It's got to be the actual leaves or nothing.   I respectfully maintain that this makes absolutely no sense. Unless my experiences are for whatever reason somehow unique from everyone else's, this just doesn't track. Low fidelity headphones would make a bad recording sound worse. For example, say the headphone in question has spikey treble, or a deep valley in the lower mids, or...