Posts by GWagon

With a little mess around with an equaliser they sound excellent with Hiphop. Listening to Kanye "All falls down", the vocals sound nice and smooth with a hint of crispness, while the female vocals is very clear and sweet and the bass just brings it all alive with the tightness, punchiness and detail. Noticing that the instrument separation is top notch too. Strings are especially crisp.
Hiphop, R&B, Dance, Alternative, Rock, anything that sounds good really! These have made me see music in a different light, I can't help but bop my head, when a good beat comes on, with a massive grin on my face. The experience is so immersive.
I just received my hd25-1 ii's. I'm not an audiophile, but wow, the sound these puppies make after a couple of hours of burn in (out of the box they were pretty poor) is just so tight, crisp, punchy, detailed. I'm seriously enjoying them, and i've heard they just keep getting better the more you play them. For a pair of portable cans I don't think you can do much better. It would be unrealistic to expect much better sound in the same form factor.   They don't have...
It's pretty weird hearing that an IEM has better soundstage than a full sized can. It's just that I've heard amazing things about the HD25's, I thought that making a saving of £60 would be better. But I guess the IE8's are worth that much extra.   I've just ordered the HD25-1 ii's, just to see if they are enough for my needs. If not then I'll return them and wait for the IE 80's to come out. I looked through the IE 80 thread, and apparently they have little improvements...
So the ie8's seem to be the better phone? Could someone give pros and cons of each, I'd be grateful.   If I were to go for the ie8's, would it be worth it to wait until the ie-80's come out?
Anyone?
Hello guys,   I'm totally stumped on which phone to pick.   I will be using these to and from University and at home. Has anyone owned both? If so, which is better sounding? Are cans much more of a hassle to carry around than IEMs?    I like to listen to HipHop/R&B, with a bit of Pop/Rock, so bass is pretty important to me and I want something more fun sounding and engaging than clinical.   I can get the ie8i's for around £200 while the HD25-1 II come in...
It's just looking through the pics, which the customers have posted, they do have the red chip and thin lines around the S, but the barcode is before the R and the R on the right earphone isn't as slanted as the one in the OP. I guess the only way to know if they are genuine is to listen to them. Even then you'll have the thought at the back of your mind that they may just be "very good fakes".   It's really putting me off purchasing what seems to be a top notch product...
I just pulled the trigger and ordered the IE8I's off amazon.co.uk and I'm now getting worried about this fake business. Does anyone know if there is a danger that my IEMs will be fake using Amazon UK?   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-IE-8i-High-fidelity-Ear-Canal/dp/B003WV391Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1317341223&sr=1-1   That is the one I have gone for. If someone can confirm to me that it is a safe place to buy from just for my peace of mind, I...