Posts by Eric23

Hi James,   Great thread.   For me, since it's going to be a flagship, sound quality should be the absolute most important thing. I'm looking for he best dac section you can make and as much amp output power as you can pack in so I don't have to get another headphone amp to add to it. I'm hoping it can be at least as powerful as the dx100 and apex glacier and hopefully even more powerful. Because it's a nice benefit if I can plug in my HD800 or LCD2's into it and...
Sup Paulie,   Anytime bro. I just tend to ramble on sometimes. lol   No plans at all to add the PS1000. I really like the headphones a lot. If i was just to get one pair of headphones they would be at the top of the list. But I'm pretty satisfied with having two very contrasting headphones in the hd800 and lcd2 to cover more ground. Also quite happy with some of my other headphones atm for more portable situations. Using the m80 and gr07 for more portable...
Haha... pretty much what Twin said above. I ended up getting both the LCD-2 and HD800. For dac I got the dragonfly and amp I got the Schiit Lyr. If I take the analyzing, or over-analyzing out of it, I found that I "felt" the music the most with the grado PS1000 to be honest. So I feel guilty for not getting it because I felt it was the best sounding in my books. It had kick when necessary and is also very clear and detailed. It was kinda like the best of both worlds...
Thx for the info Paradox,   I noticed that minor pop sound for the Asgard too on turn off with volume at 0. Same with a few other amps. Not sure about the O2. Should be normal, but I'm gonna make sure I pull out my headphones before I turn the amp off anyways. just to be safe. haha..   Really enjoying the combo right now.... =D
Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up getting the Lyr. haha.. sounds awesome. Especially with my HD800. Nice pairing. Really helps to fill out the sound. I wonder if this filling out of the sound is a result of all the extra power of the lyr driving the headphones properly or just the natural warmness of the sound. haha.. probably a bit of both.   Paradoxper, when you entioned at 0 volume that you still heard a thump through the lcd's. When did the thump occur? When...
THanks for everyone's help and advice. I think i'm gonna go Lyr. Was auditioning them today against the Asgard. I really enjoyed the extra fullness it gives with the HD800. thx again to both the guys who posted a reply and to those who PM'd me! =D
man.. sorry for all the questions and slightly redundant posts... haha..    Was wondering, between the Lyr and Asgard which would you guys think is a better sounding amp for an lcd-2/hd800 combo?   At he moment I"ll be using the Dragonfly as my dac.   I'm guessing with the tubes of the lyr it might be a better match for the hd800? To me I find the lcd-2 lacks some treble and am worried if the warmer/tube-like sound of the lyr will make the lack of treble...
Hmm... on further research i'm thinking of maybe getting the Lyr with the LCD-2/HD800 combo. Would this sound better with those headphones than the Asgard?   The Lyr has tubes so I'm wondering if the warmed up sound would not be a good fit with the LCD2 as opposed to an SS amp like the Asgard? Because I already found the treble of the LCD-2 a bit low.   Since the Lyr is even more powerful... i'm guessing even a higher chance of it damaging the headphones? lol......
ha.. i see.. thanks eargasmo. So i'm guessing the new Asgards with the relays added now is just as safe as other headphone amps?    Just to be safe, I'll do what you suggested and will make sure my headphones are unplugged when turning it on/off. Would there still be a chance of a voltage spike or warping of the drivers when I just have my headphones plugged in during normal usage time?   I'm actually not sure if I should go asgard for the lcd-2.. worried it...
Thanks so much Eargasmo,   Do most if not all amps have this type of voltage spike during start up/shut down like the Asgard only they all have the relay/delay's built in already? Or any idea if it's something unique to the Asgard build which causes this spike meaning only the asgard needs these relays/delays while other amps of this calibre don't have spikes even without the delays? lol.. i think that was confusing.   Is the power and voltage output of the...