Posts by Grazel

Ah, I see. Thank you for the speedy response. Much appreciated :)       Really appreciate the response! I think I'll take the more laid-back approach to burning-in and just play as much music as possible; though I do already thoroughly enjoy the sound so if they get even better that's just a bonus haha.   In regards to Foobar2000, it sounds very interesting and I'll have to give it a more in-depth look. That said, do you have any recommendations on places to look for...
Hello there Head-Fiers, I am relatively new to these forums and to proper audio-appreciation in general. Therefore, I was hoping that any kind soul out there giving this a read would be so generous as to help a newbie like me take my first steps to enjoying the most out of my music. To get right into it, I just recently made the plunge and bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 650s to replace my faltering HD 595s. I received them yesterday and have absolutely fallen in love...
  First off, sorry for the late response. In terms of amps, I'm pretty locked in on it being desktop-oriented. I'll be using the headphones+amp to listen to music on my computer(primarily iTunes at the moment but hopefully this upgrade will get me to branch out).      I immensely appreciate your thorough response. On the first point I have to say, you make some really interesting arguments for and against the AKGs. In regards to the contrast between Sennheiser's having a...
  I'm from the states and the only local option for purchasing headphones would be Bestbuy, and their selection is pretty much Beats or Bose(from what I can tell, not very desirable). The options I'm looking at now are essentially Amazon(received a $50 giftcard over x-mas) or a too-good-to-turn-down eBay listing. So far, I've found the AKG 702s on Amazon for $267.92 and the Sennheiser HD 558s and 598s at $179.95 and $199.77 respectively. In regards to the AKGs, in what...
Hello and Happy New Years!  I come to you all with an avalanche of questions in regards to headphones/amps/DACs and, to put it simply, I am an absolute newbie when it comes to audio/headphones/amps/etc. so I immensely appreciate your thoughts and patience with my ignorance/shenaniganry.   To get right into it, my current headphones(Sennheiser HD595s) unfortunately seem to be dying on me(noticeable buzzing/fading/static) and the sony stereo-receiver I've been plugging...
Well, I decided to go with the Phonak PFEs. Thank you all for the help, I really appreciate it :)
Thank you for the reply :)  I'm curious though, how good is the noise isolation on the PFEs and are there major sound differences between them and the Ety hf5s?
Thanks for the response but I'm still confused as to which $150 option would be the best for the money. Are there any noticeable differences/distinguishing features between the Ety hf5, Shure 315k, UE700, and Adeo PFE? Which would you say is the best sounding out of those 4? I just want to make sure I get the best out of this since $150 is kind of a lot for me but worth it.
So my cx-300 II Sennheisers just clonked out on me yesterday and I'm leaving to go on a roadtrip on this Friday. Ugh..haha. So now I've been desperately searching for new IEMs and have come to some serious confusion over which pair to go for. For a bit of BG info, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 595's which I use regularly and love but  I'm not looking for some IEM replacement to those. I'm more or less looking for a comfortable, better-sounding(than the cx-300), and...