Posts by autumnholy

I find that I'm planning to sell off my Pandora VI cheaply, yet this item is not a local favorite. I was told that buyers would probably receive an additional cushion pad for the Pandora VI which was meant for the IV. Nevertheless, I find it is not really suitable for my current lifestyle since I go portable for 90% of the time, and then PF IX hasn't receive enough play time.   Anyway, back to the story, I was really amazed when I felt fun and turned up the volume knob...
 Yup. The mood changes and you don't even know why. LOL. It's like almost the same thing you heard from the previous model but then there's a special feel which makes the music much more sweeter. Haha.
 There's a local Jaben store that offers Lab 1 tryout for free.Personally, in FAD case, it isn't really about improvement on different models under similar series. I think it's more like different flavor. 
Got to listen to Lab 1 last night. First impression: Nothing much. Nothing special...until I heard something... WoW! Dayum, it only show its true skin on good recordings. That full bodied and well defined bass is IMO the best among FAD BA-drivers lineup. Well I'd say it reminds me a lot of Fi-Ba-SS, and the most obvious difference is the smoothness of Lab 1 vs. the raw and energy of Ba-SS. Both have that sweet midrange, that's the house signature of FAD, but in a very...
Has that typical FI-BA-SS feel. Very airy. Much more airier than Heaven series. In short, it's like a doppelganger of Fi-Ba-SS, in which Ba-SS sounds more edgy and raw, and Lab 1 very smooth and dark. Both have the euphonic midrange presented in different feel. The bass dept. is surprisingly detailed, I think the best amongst FAD BA lineup. You certainly don't wanna mess with this thing if you're a FAD fan, or it might very likely get you addicted!
Cable sux from day one. that dreaded flat cable. Initially treble sounds metallic to me (i remembered that very well). It became a non-issue when i slowly burn-in my mind. The high gain? It's a surprise. I saw that statement many posts back. Went ahead and tried it on high gain on my DAP and amps. It was more forward and with more power. The "power" of music is much more engaging and lively.
Wow. The discourse of defining transparency is eye opening. Frankly, I haven't relate transparency to neutral. Well, some of the comments make sense since being transparent means not to sound colored.   Personally, transparency means it sounds real. I don't know how real is real, since I don't want this to be a philosophical debate. Quote MF: it depends on the mood. But I don't think the opposite spectrum would be neutral, since I instinctively coined neutral with "flat,...
That'd be very very intriguing, MuppetFace. Since nowadays I enjoyed darker sound signature and let the details lie behind the main presentation (or vocals).   Gonna hear it soon over my place. Does it go with the usual vocals route or is this LAB I more omnivorous?
 And I might pocket your two cents!
Agreed. This view doesn't look that ugly as in the preview photo. Maybe it's because of the glossy finish? Or rather, it didn't show the checkered area...