Posts by Covenant

Hope you all have a great time at Can Con 4 this weekend! I won't be there, but I'm glad the tradition is still being maintained! :)
Hi Cheapy,   That Stowa model looks lovely. I'd check out the specs on its movement though.   Personally I'm considering the Tissot "Luxury Automatic" T086.408.16.051.00: http://www.tissot.ch/?collections/products/6614/n/TISSOT_LUXURY_AUTOMATIC/T086.408.16.051.00   It's a certified chronometer with 80 hour power reserve and sapphire crystal faceplate for approx $1,225 AUD.   That ticks all the boxes for me really, and it's very inexpensive for a...
RE: the Lan Vs Demandred duel, remember that Lan had been fighting almost constantly since Tarwin's Gap, taking extra shifts and taxing himself. If he were fresh, he might have been able to win cleanly against Demandred without needing to sheath the sword. I doubt even a fresh Galad could have done that.   Interesting point about the Bore and Callandor. I think it was Mierin Sedai (aka Lanfear) who discovered the Dark One's prison and wanted to tap it's power. But it...
Warning, this thread will contain spoilers!   Hey all, having just finished the book, I figured a discussion thread was in order :)   First off, the trio of duels Vs Demandred was awesome. Now we know who the finest swordsman in the world REALLY is (not that there was ever much doubt).   Egwene discovering the "flame of tar valon" weave was also awesome, but also seemed to suffer a bit from deus ex machina. How did she discover it? She just sort of... wanted...
Sold.
Up for sale is a set of 1 metre Norse Audio Norn 2 tri-level litz (7x3x8) RCA interconnects, with Furutech FP-126(G) (OCC central pin) connectors.   I purchased these brand new from Trevor at Norse Audio about 5 months ago. They were plugged into my Burson Soloist for a few of those months, and then put back in their box once the Soloist was sold and not used since. New they cost me $130 USD (equivalent of $124.35 AUD, not including shipping).   I'm asking $60...
Didn't think they'd take this long to sell... one more price drop, please help my bank account recover from Christmas!
Still available.
Bump, price drop.
Still available.