or Connect

Posts by DarknightDK

Thanks for the updates!
Seriously considering this. I wonder how the DAC compares to others such as the likes of the Zodiac Gold and Invicta.
Interested. PM sent!
So these are definately a keeper for you Rob? Do you feel the W3000ANV are better than the T1 and DX-1000? Would you be looking at doing a full review of the W3000ANV shortly?   VERY tempted with the W3000ANV. Should I take the plunge?    
Lars, how does the Ref 7.1 pair with the Master 6? This is a combo which i am seriously considering. Do you consider this paring to be the most resolving, natural and transparent which you have heard?   Still waiting for someone to do a proper review of the Master 5 / 6.
Great news! Looking forward to more impressions.
I don't re-start my Mac before loading Amarra (or any other players for that matter). I only use the app to clear/cleanup the memory before I load the players and when I find that the available memory drops to 2.5 GB or less (I usually have a total of 6+GB available). The app that I use is called 'Free Memory'. It's available for free on the Apple app store.   With Amarra, I experience some occassional skipping of music with the playback of 16-bit tracks. However, when I...
  Thanks for sharing your experience with Amarra. Personally i think that freeing the computer's memory (before each listening session) helps somewhat in minimising the gliches with Amarra, although skips during playback still occur. I did experience Amarra hanging a couple of times when I tried to playback high resolution tracks tho.  
  I had the chance to compare BitPerfect, Audirvana Plus and Amarra Mini over the past 2 weeks and there are indeed audible differences in how each of these players sound.   System used: Power conditioner -> iMac (Lion OSX) with 8 GB RAM -> iTunes (ver 10.5.2) with music players mentioned below - > NFB 10SE -> LCD-3.   All players were set to memory playback and no up-sampling. Software ('freememory') was used to free the memory of my iMac before loading each...
These are extremely light and comfortable cans. No, the drivers do not touch your ears.