Posts by DarknightDK

The GSX mkII was compared to the M8 at the meet.
 How's the pairing of the M7 with the M8? I'm considering a similar combo, for the LCD3 and HD800.
Well, to be fair, people will always want the newest and greatest. While its true that A-Gd releases a new product every other month or two, it is not so frequent that their top-end line (i.e. Master series amps) get updated, I would say probably after a year or two for any major changes to the design.    The drop in resale value will happen to headamp products too, once the GSX mkIII is out or when Gilmore comes up with a better design. The simple fact that the GSX...
 Based on your description and coming from the HD650, I would recommend the LCD-X.
 Yep. This has been my experience as well, or generally long enough for your ears to be able to perceive the subtitle improvements in SQ.
 I see that you now have the LCD3, LCDX and LCDXC. Which one is your all-round favorite if you can only keep one? 
Well, if the Ragnarok is made to be primary a speaker amp, then surely it would be more practical to include a remote function with the Ragnarok? It would be quite an inconvenience if users have to walk up and down to adjust the volume for various songs when using the Ragnarok with speakers. Adding a pre-amp in the chain may help but this is not a good solution to include more components in the chain (likely to degrade the SQ).
Without having to read the whole thread, is there any recommended time that the Vali can be switched on continuously without damaging the amp / tubes?
Yep. Had that problem too when I first got my LCD3 but not to worry, Audeze will take care of you.
I have heard the SR-007 mk1 and the SR-009 on the BHSE and I can say that the SR-009 outperforms the SR-007. The SR-007 sounded 'veiled' compared to the SR-009.