Posts by DarknightDK

Aren't that a lovely sight. Guys, the wait is going to be worthwhile. The workmanship on the gsx is second to none and one of the rare amps that sounds as good as it looks!
At that budget, get a used HD800 and a quality used DAC (PWD, Audio-Gd?). Then get the Schiit Vali to tide you till you can afford to upgrade your amp. The sources mentioned would stretch your budget a little but at least you won't have to worry too much about upgrading them in future. The Vali performs surprisingly well with the HD800 (and well up to amps costing over $1000), so that should tide you for sometime until you have another $2.5k to upgrade your amp . Just my 2...
The thickness of the power cord does not mean a thing. What matters most is the design and material used and how they, in combination, can effectively minimize external interference.   Those looking for quality, effective power cords I highly recommend checking those from Audio Art Cable. I recently tried the mid-tier Power 1 Classic cord with the Furutech plug set and I was blown away at the difference it made to the overall sound quality of my setup. The reviews from 6...
Nice review and great effort on the comparison between Q and Toxic Cables. I have not heard Q cables but I do agree that silver cables generally pair better with the LCD 3 given its character. I, too, have the SW for my LCD 3 and have found it to be a wonderful pairing. It brings out the air, sparkle and added detail in the higher frequencies while still maintaining deep, tight bass which is not overpowering. The SW are very balanced cables which complements the LCD 3...
I would be skeptical if I heard that last week Since I got the audio art power cable, I am now a believer. It has transformed my system from 'high end' to 'end game'. Just as you said, a whole new level. So great a difference it made that I'm going to replace all the cords in my system to the higher audio art SE model.Nordost Odin? I shudder to think..
 Initial impressions, the GSX has more of most things. More transparency; separation and micro-detail, deeper bass; more textures in bass notes, more dynamics, including micro-dynamics. Surprisingly, the GSX has an incredible sweetness to the upper frequencies, almost tube-like and very unlike most SS amps I've heard (this is testament to a well designed SS amp). That being said, the WA22, with the right tubes, isn't a slouch either. The WA22 has that tube lushness in the...
Having joined the gsx mk ii club recently, I will say that it is definitely worth the wait. All the talk of the amp being one of the very best is not hyperbole. I have never heard my HD800 sound this good in my setup. Indeed, the gsx mk ii is transparent to the source and you will be rewarded if your source components are up to scratch. Heck, I was pleasantly surprised that even a recent change in the powercable of my DAC yielded very positive change to the overall SQ of...
 Great news! We're very close now. 
 Nope. All is good! Just wanted to try replacing the fuse with the hi-fi tuning fuse I have on hand to see if it makes an audible difference. What fuse rating would be optimum for 230V power rating?  (I'm probably going to get blasted for this but it did make an audible difference in my WA22. Just saying..)
 Ah, so there is a fuse there after all. I was afraid to use force in case I break anything. Thanks Justin.