Posts by 1Time

Sold!
Still for sale.
Sale pending.
Go-Vibe V5 portable amplifier. Good condition, works perfectly, sure to last for years.  PayPal $30 total, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation to the USA - good price. Made by Norm, who no longer makes Go-Vibe amps.   I characterize its sound as clear, lively and fun. I enjoyed it most with my JVC RX700 headphones. It is my favorite < $100 portable amp of the few I've owned. I suggest using it with headphones under 100 Ohm regardless efficiency rating....
SOLD! PayPal / USA only - like new / very lightly used - Phillips HP-910 headphones. Includes free Priority Mail shipping with delivery confirmation and PayPal's fee. This final version of the HP910 replaced a plastic breakable part in the middle of the headband strap with a non-breakable rubber part. Features and Specs: Self adjusting Flexi-Fit inner headband Copper Cladded Aluminum Wire (CCAW) voice coil Neodymium Class A magnet Mylar Diaphragm Linear...
I had no major comfort issue with the SRH750DJ 7/10, but then I found how to adjust and loosen its clamping force - repeatedly bend the headband back, flexing it only at the top/center of the headband. I found its sound to be very impactful throughout a wide frequency range from a sound card + amp. It has a fairly up front type of sound - as opposed to a more distant sound stage (which I prefer). I also found its sound to be quite analytical - as opposed to musical....
SOLD! by PayPal - USA only - includes Priority Mail shipping with delivery confirmation and PayPal's fee. Superex ST-M vintage headphones 1967. Looks almost not used. Each cup has a tweeter and woofer, but the tweeters don't seem to be working. The clamping force is very strong, and the ear pads are a little flat.
Price lowered $60 shipped USA.
Right - 4 months ago. I see now "Anaxilus" has a different Koss DJ100 that he likes. There may be a quality control problem with these headphones, with the sound of one varying greatly from one to another.   But my findings with the Koss DJ100 that I bought stand. From my Prodigy HD2 sound card and from it to an x-head amp, I very easily heard the lows and highs severely chopped off - far more so than any other headphones that I've owned. It was very annoying too - as the...
I've owned the Koss DJ100 and own the DBI Pro700 (for sale). Ran both straight out of a sound card and amped from the sound card's RCA outs. Burned in / used extensively. Amped sounded better for both.    Pro700: brighter, punchier, fun sound, comfy enough for movie use, virtually indestructible. I can hear why these sell new for $100+. I also owned the Pro705 and preferred the Pro700.    DJ100: darker mid-centric, highs and lows severely chopped off, shallow ear...