Posts by audio technica

Hey, I'm trying to get some amount of volume control for my Schiit Modi under Linux, since my CIEMs are still way too loud on the lowest possible setting of my Magni.   Now from my understanding, the Modi does not natively support volume control, but it is possible for there to be software volume implementations, like in Foobar2000 (not available on *nix!).   Does anyone know of something like this?  I've done some googling but I'm not getting anything relevant.
Hey, I don't know if you got this working but it was fairly straightforward for me.   To see if your system can detect the Modi, do this:   embedded-tech ~ # aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC889 Analog [ALC889 Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC889 Digital [ALC889 Digital] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: Device [Schiit USB...
The 28th will work best for me as well.
I've got some questions about this before participating...   1. What qualifies as an entry? 2. What DOESN'T qualify as an entry? 3. What do we need to participate? 4. What are the design requirements?
@jshaffe After this meet I'm on a classifieds hunt to replace my DT990s with some HE-400s!  I still can't get over how nice those sounded!
I am looking to buy an HE-400 for $250 or less.  Simple as that.
Oh cool, I just found the Ohio head-fier community!  Put me on the list for attending!   Anyone else from the OSU campus area with whom I can carpool?
Up for sale are my DT990-600Ω cans.  I've had them for a little over 3 years so they have had a great deal of use (2000+ hours, I think) but they still sound as wonderfully bright and detailed as the first time.   As you can see from the pics the earpads have seen better days.  However, I may replace them before the sale if asked nicely.  :)       If you have an HE-400 I would be interested in trading this + cash for it.   Please note, sale/trade will include...
PM sent.
 This just made me a lot more comfortable with my decision to go with the half-priced 1964-T compared to the V3.  Great review.