Posts by Madmollusk

This needed to be said. Price isn’t synonymous with performance (not anymore at least) and as the headphone/headphone amp market rapidly expands, innovative companies (like Schiit) are creating high performance products to exploit the vacuum that once existed between entry level/consumer products and the high-end market. This new market (The quality products for increasingly competitive prices market), is just beginning to heat up, so everyone should happily anticipate...
First of all, speakers and headphones are intrinsically different and you should temper your expectations accordingly. With even the best speakers, in a stereo orientation, of course (i don't care for that surround-sound crap, but that's just me), the sound-stage is typically circumscribed to one quadrant of the room and spread out with all the glorious depth of a performance on a stage. This has been my experience at least.  Now, the HD 800 (it’s a headphone after all)...
This is good news, for me at least. Thanks for the info!
Wow, as much as I love the Asgard 2 for almost all of my other headphones, it does the HD800 no justice whatsoever, which, admittedly, perplexes me. The Vali is a much much better match for the HD800. Come Wednesday, however, my Valhalla2 will arrive, and I'm bristling with eagerness to test my new Schiit out!  No one here (thus far at least) has suggested tube-rolling options for the Val2. Frankly, I'm hopping that the stock tubes are a good, possibly great match for the...
Just to keep things fair, I suppose it's best to do the "stock" evaluation, but if, after a brief listen, you're tempted to call the Valhalla 2 a genuine over-performer, well please, don't handicap the WA7. I appreciate and look-forward to your forthcoming impressions.  Thanks in advance!
Would you mind comparing and contrasting the WA7 and Valhalla 2 when your new Schiit arrives? I would love to know what you think. 
You know, I never considered the HD800 bright even when using them with the Fiio E9. And when driven by even marginally synergistic gear (that’s all I've owned so far), the HD800 has happily demonstrated some transcendent abilities (in the context of headphone imaging and frequency-responsiveness).  It's the only headphone, for example, that draws me completely into the music. From time to time, I'm tempted to call the HD800's imaging/staging abilities holographic, but the...
And with this post, indeed with these very words--"There is a slight warm tilt with the Val that matches well with the 800 while still allowing it to do what it is exceptional at: imaging, sound stage, air ect"--I placed my order for the Valhalla 2.  Matt, I feel like I just rubbed the genie's magic bottle and in a dramatic billow of smoke, you appeared to me like some smiling, middle-eastern tramp. Admittedly, by the standards of sane men, you might say that my first wish...
Sweet! I appreciate the update. Thanks a million. 
The suspense is killing me, Matt!!