Posts by IzzyAxel

The ATH-M50s were anything but flat or neutral to me, their FR was a rollercoaster of awful, really.
Can anyone comment on which insulation has better dielectric properties, and which is most flexible? (XLPVC will be 28awg 7/36 stranded, XLPE will be 26awg 7/34 stranded, both are tinned copper)  I only know that XLPE has okay flexibilty, (in comparison to, say AKG's cables) very good dielectric properties, and does not tribocharge, like PVC.  I've never heard anything about XLPVC.  I do know that the XLPVC is reasonably priced, ~$38 for 1000', but the XLPE is quote only,...
Sennheiser HD600, Grado RS2i, Beyerdynamic DT235, Audatron whatever whatever, and Sony MDR-F1, Fostex T50RP for me. (ATH M50 too, but the remorse came like, 3 years after the purchase when I realized they were horrid in every way)   HD600, how anyone can say these sound true to life is so far beyond me, it blows my god damn mind.  Started me on my path of distrust of subjective opinions and realizing objective measurements are not indicative of what a headphone sounds...
New headphones, time to update my list:   1. AKG Q701
I think so too. :P  I'll be keeping the V6 as a compliment though...god damn do they put slam behind hardstyle's kicks, I just wish the upper registers snapped more so both parts of the kicks would be tactile.  I might try to write up a comparison when I get them, but the problem with that is nobody besides takato14 has heard the modded V6.
As I seem to recall people discussing in other threads, Golden Ears measurements aren't exactly...good, and smoothing by 1/3 octave?  No thanks, that's such heavy smoothing that the result isn't worth looking at.  I'm definitely getting one of these soon though.  It was between the Q701 and the M500, but I think I'm going to go for the M500 first. :P  I'd really like something that can match my modded V6's qualities, but doesn't have such high THD in the bass, has more...
I'm pretty sure electrostatic diaphragms produce sound through excitation, they excite the molecules in the air by vibrating, to transfer sound.  How would a stat diaphragm push a gas that's heavier than itself around without shredding to bits?
I guess I should mention it here too, but I found the Beyerdynamic EDT 231 V pads to improve the sound quite a lot.  I used double sided tape to affix them to the baffle plate, as centered as I could.
If anyone wants to try this for themselves, I discovered that the Beyerdynamic EDT-231V pads improve the V6 quite a lot.  I originally hated the V6, but due to circumstances I had to find a closed can to use for a trip my family was taking to Canada.  I thought I might try putting different pads I had onto the various closed cans I owned, and ended up discovering that the 231Vs absorbed all the resonances and ringing in the upper registers due to the velour, lifted the...
Updating with things I've heard:   1. Sony MDR-V6 w EDT 231V - Still, nothing has come close to touching it.  Missing amplitude in the treble which will scare most away, (it is there, but like a bass guitar in a rock song, it acts as subtle backing) but cleanliness and accuracy throughout the rest of the range with excellent soundstage, holographic imaging, wonderful tonality, and a special tactility on good recordings pushes it far beyond everything else I've heard....