Posts by LarryKingsShoes

Greetings,   I am selling my pair of lightly used HiFiMAN HE-400s. They're amazing headphones but I need to get some cash together for another purchase that I've been eying. If I had to guess, I'd say that these have about 30-40 hours of use. I've had them since February but have moved toward a 2.0 system as my primary listening environment so they don't get the use that they deserve.   I'm including the original pads and cable, as well as the velour pads and the...
  Absolutely. That was among the first Radiohead tracks that made me want to branch out from their top-of-the-charts tracks (Creep, Karma Police, No Surpises, and the like) that I had been limiting myself to for the longest time.
I don't know if I'm following you completely but here's one you might enjoy.   [[SPOILER]]   I am probably misunderstanding but it's a good song nonetheless.
I don't mind Taylor Swift. Red is actually a pretty enjoyable album. I enjoyed it enough to pick up the vinyl pressing, at least. It was cheap, there are more than a few good songs, and it's actually a gatefold, unlike a lot of more expensive 2xLPs out there. The entire presentation is pretty slick.   I'm struggling to think of any artists that I hate. I try not to linger on that and I hardly ever listen to the radio so I have the advantage of not being exposed to...
My latest records are:   1. The Thermals - More Parts Per Million 2. The Thermals - F---in' A 3. The Thermals  - The Body, The Blood, The Machine 4. Volcano, I'm Still Excited! - self-titled 5. Silver Mt Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms   I also got The Thermals' No Culture Icons 7" with the bundle preorder, and a Volcano, I'm Still Excited! 7". I don't really count those, though, since they're not...
5. Fake Plastic Trees 4. Everything In Its Right Place 3. High and Dry (mainly because of 50/50) 2. (Nice Dream) 1. The Tourist   I don't listen to a lot of Radiohead so the order isn't definite. It varies depending on what songs show up on shuffle when I'm driving.
I've been listening to The Big Pink's Hit the Ground (Superman) and it sounds fantastic on my HE-400s.  
This is fantastic. I've downloaded bits and pieces of some of his other shows and they don't even come close to how great this release sounds. I just wish they would have played I See Monsters and La Cienega Just Smiled. The way the band was locking in with each other would have made for some killer performances of those beautiful songs.   Edit: The more I listen to this, the more and more impressed I become with it. It sounds fantastic on my HE-400s and I can't wait...
Kraftwerk - Computer World   There's something about this that makes me laugh.   --   Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Stomping Grounds (Live)   The bass guitar tone is awesome.
Ricky Skaggs' cover of That's Why I'm Walking (Angel on my Mind)   There is something about the way this sounds that makes me want to get some cowboy boots, go to a corner bar, grab a beer, and listen to a country cover band play tunes. I'm not even the biggest fan of the genre, this track just does something for me. I really want to find more music like this.