Posts by LarryKingsShoes

Awesome! I'll take it under consideration. :) A lot of what I've read has been that that LCD-2 sound stage is a bit weaker than some of the contenders but I'm actually quite pleased with it. I'm listening to Cat Stevens' Father and Son and I'm enjoying the width of the sound stage. There are some songs that sound a bit tighter but, overall, I'm impressed by the stereo width.
 I'm glad to hear that they offer a lasting appeal. I'm on an Isley Brothers binge right now and I am really loving what I'm hearing. :) The Magni + Modi is pretty great with the LCD-2s. It certainly is an awesome rig for most situations (my HE-400s respond well to this setup). I'm actually quite impressed with how it sounds with a $1000 pair of headphones. I'm definitely excited to upgrade the amp and DAC but they sound so good off of this that I'm not in any hurry to...
Sorry if this is the wrong thread (I have seen two LCD-2 threads) but I recently got these and have been adjusting to them. My goodness are they comfortable! I've got a decently large head but the weight fits perfectly on my melon. The sound is great, too, but the way they fit is an entirely different beast. I loved the way my HE-400s sounded and fit but the LCD-2 are a step beyond in every aspect.   I can understand how they'd be overwhelming to a typical person but I...
 That's been my experience, as well. I used to use a plugin for JRiver (I'm sure it would work in any other media playback program that supports VST plugins) that was pretty great. It was a parametric EQ that was easy to use and produced great results. The neat thing about it was that I could boost whatever I wanted and then, with the click of a button, it would set the highest boost point to 0db, effectively translating my desired curve so that it was all cuts instead of...
Dead Letter Circus - Wake Up   I finally changed it up. I've been listening to Beck's Morning Phase for a while. The second track (Morning) sounds great on the HE-400s.
My HE-400s arrived earlier this evening and it sure does feel good to add them back to my collection. The memories of getting my first pair came flooding back as soon as I hooked them up and hit play. The shock of going from the Ultrasone Pro 900s to the HE-400s is incredible. They sound so different (not necessarily better or worse and, if I'm being honest, they sounded pretty bad during that stage of readjustment). Thankfully, it didn't take long at all to get right back...
 Ah, good deal. That's kind of what I figured after digging through some threads on the subject. I wish my experiences with my dad's Denon had been more impressive but that thing was probably entry level or just a hair above in its prime. Actually, I may have lucked out since now I don't have any inclination to keep that on my already cluttered desk. ;) There's a vintage shop just down the road from my place that has a bunch of records and old stereo equipment. Maybe I'll...
  Are you referring to using the headphone output on an old receiver or using the actual speaker outputs to amp the headphones? I used to have my dad's old Denon set up and I never really took a special interest in the headphone output. I liked having the EQ knobs available right on the face of the unit, though, so that was a bonus. Aside from that, it wasn't really anything too special. Granted, this isn't vintage in the same sense as an old Marantz or Pioneer so maybe it...
 Absolutely. I went to Walmart today and tried finding a similar product. The closest thing I could find was a pack of three disposable veggie trays for putting on the grill. They didn't have much rigidity so I had to pass. The weave of the mesh was also pretty fine in comparison to what you posted. I did happen to find a couple of paint trays that looked like they'd work. They were significantly stronger than the disposable grill trays and they are more open. The only...
I've had my Magni + Modi rig for about a month now and it's pretty nice. As far as sound goes, it's an awesome value stack. My only real complaint is the volume knob on the Magni feels considerably cheaper than the big honker on my FiiO E09K. Considering they're in the same price range, I went into it expecting similar build quality.   I wish I had gotten the Vali to try instead of the Magni but they were sold as a used pair and the deal was too good to pass up on. All...