or Connect

Posts by ScaryFatKidGT

If you going to use these for mixing I would get the DT 770's or Shure SRH-840/940's, The M-80's are great but I wouldn't mix on them   Open cans are fine for mixing off a laptop they just wont have the isolation, there's the AD900 and the AD900x
DT-770's, they might clamp hard to start but store them over a book and they will losen up, the M-50's wouldn't be bad either but I would go with the 770's, the Pro 80ohm for bass or the 250/32ohm for just general sound.   The 990's are open and won't work
I'd go with the LCD-3 the difference will be much much more than a cable
Ohh I understand, well I wouldn't even use them for mixing then? Just get what ever pair you like better and wear them around town and buy a good mixing pair later, it's not like you can't use them to listen to your mix but I wouldn't get to far into what your working on, on the monster's alone. If you don't have anything "good" to use, use multipule system's, if it sound's good on the sony/monsters and in your car and on a boom box and the crappy $20 headphones and your...
The memory wire on the SE series for me starts to late, there is a plastic piece where the removable cable is that is strait so the memory wire starts to far back to bend and follow the contour of my ear, on the iPod cable that little plastic piece is different and made of soft rubber and is curved so it follows right along my ear.
If your debating on the MDR-1R id just go with the Sennheiser Momentums?
Honestly id get the monster's, sell them and get a real pair of slightly bass heavy monitoring headphones like Beyer DT770's or KRK 8400's.   You just can't really get a good mix on monster headphones, now I really have no idea about the Sony's so I can't say anything sorry, they might be good idk.
yeah its really dumb they are just dumping EVERYTHING into this forum, they need a headphone recomentaion, amp recomendation etc and not dump "beyer T70 vs T1" like threads here from the full sized cons forum
He meant DT770 Pro 80ohm, there is no DT700 I know of. You could eq the bass of the DT770 to be more but stock the M100's have more bass, and they fold up but they are more money, the DT770's probably have a little better detail. There is also the DT770 AE 32ohm.   Some people say the D600's are bass heavy but I don't really think so, For $500 id try to score a pair of used D5000's.
The Shure iPod cable is the same length but way way more comfortable and it is more flexable   UE900 or Fiio cable