Posts by ScaryFatKidGT

I do agree to a certain extent (and so does Tyll at innerfidelity), grados, as you can see, have a boosted 2k area and a range from about 4-10k with any speaker if you boost a certain range with an EQ you are going to noticed more in that range, and as you said "The "details" of a sound are all at the top. That's where you have the scrape of a finger on guitar strings, the pluck of the strings, scratches in a singing voice." now my D5000's, SE535's and the Momentums are...
  Is this not good for rock? Throw the 325's out but I think the SR80i's to the RS1's and 2's are good for rock, rock needs midbass for the kick drum punch 60-100hz and mids and highs for the guitars and vocals and cymbals, idk why people always say grados are treble crazy, the 325's are but I never find the other grados harsh like I do some IEM's. The other factor is they are a really "fast" headphone, again good for most rock. I would never recommend them for rap or...
I picked up the Denons for $79, I haven't heard the IE80's but they are going to be a way better headphone for critical listening. And IDK about the whole BA and bass thing with the ZO2 my SE535's THUMP! like I'm afraid I might wreck them lol. Hmmmm idk I'm not gain to say burn in doesn't exist but im my experience burn in decreases over time with the most changes being in the first few hours about 50% more change in the next 10 hours, some more in the next 20-40 and then...
Honestly I don't think a DAC/amp is worth it for movies, idk it's still going to sound very similar it's not like your trying to hear the lead actors voice be more natural sounding or anything like that, you usually just watch the movie.So mostly you use and iPad? I would probably get an iDAC then like the htr istreamer or whatever or the fostex HP-P1 depending if you want portable or not. I know that with ios7 the iPhone 5s can output usb audio through the lightning cable...
I think the E07k and the E17 are pretty good. What source are you using? You could certainly go with something like the Fiio X3 or X5. There are a ton of amps like the Headstage arrow and iBasso etc.
Well 1. I don't have an android phone, ha. Does it work that well? My friends S4 didn't sound that good. It needs to make my headphones thump without making everything sound dark.
Haha Yeah! The Klipsch R6's or the Denons on the ZO maxed, looking at the eq curves I didn't think I would need to max it but that's what it takes to bring back the sensation of an ant putting a kick pedal on my ear drum and using it for a bass drum.Is a maxxed ZO2 (bass eq not volume) on SE535's wrong? Hahahaha I feel like the little BA might explode.I think I might get a S-series walkman just for comparison although I really want to know if the F is capable of as much...
No talk on the H1's? Just the 3's? I have the ones and am thinking about returning for the 3's. Do the 3's have a cross over network?
Man I wish this thread was shorter so I could read it all haha   I just picked up the XBA-H1's and I have to say I don't really like them they sound very harsh to me on distorted guitars... is that a general consensus? Harsh mids? I'm really intrigued about the hybrid design but the harshness and no cross-overs worries me, if you have a high driver and a bass driver and they both over lap in the mids maybe thats whats going on?   Thinking about trying the H3's? There...