Posts by ckhirnigs113

I also have a question about going unamped with the UM3X. What is the hiss level when used with an iPod (preferably the 160gb Classic or 5th gen) when using the headphone out. I used to own the UM2 and there was a noticeable hiss during quiet passages or with no music playing. I get no hiss with my PFE's, so I'd like to know what to expect with these new Westones. Also, how well are the UM3X responding to amplification. I have an iBasso D3 that I'd be using. Do...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreatDane Have you had the silicone tips get stuck in your ear yet? This hasn't ever happened to me. I find the tips to seal perfectly, and they come out of my ears with a a slight twist and pulling motion. Though, I have never had a tip come off in my ear on any IEM I've owned. I recently started wearing the PFE's straight down instead of over the ear. This is probably not the intended angle for the driver, but I...
Well after a few days listening to the PFE's I have really grown to like their sound with the black filters and the medium silicone tips. I got my Fiio E5 amp in, and I really like the iPod Classic > LOD > Fiio E5 > PFE setup. I have the bass boost enabled on the E5, but I go back and forth on whether the boost is necessary. I will have a better idea once the E5 is more thoroughly burned in. I've also listened using my iBasso D3 as a DAC only feeding the E5 and as a...
Well add me to the list of PFE users as of today. I'm listening to mine now with the pre-installed gray filters and the medium silicone tips. I have them connected to an iPod Classic > LOD > iBasso D3 and they sound great. I find them very balanced with just a little bit of brightness, but nothing that is annoying. I have a Fiio E5 on its way to me to use on the go. I also got the chance to listen to these with my Shuffle (1st gen), and they are a great combination....
As someone who has made the jump from IEMs to full-size phones, I feel somewhat qualified to hazard some advice. The best IEMs I've had were the Westone UM2s and the Altec Lansing IM716 (based on the ER-4P). These two were on opposite sides of the sonic spectrum, but I liked things about them each of them. I wanted phones that could offer up the strengths of both these. I have dabbled in portable amps as well. I owned the Minibox-E (along with the impressive Yuin...
I left some positive comments and 5-star ratings for both songs. My youtube handle is the same as here on Head-Fi: ckhirnigs113. She really does have an excellent voice, and she seems so in control of it from the lows to the highs.
Hi there, I have recently been double dipping in my efforts to stock up on Blu-rays, so I have these two DVDs to sell. 1. The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Four-Disc Extended Edition) -- $18 2. V for Vendetta (Two-Disc Special Edition) -- $10 Both films are in excellent condition (boxes and discs). The prices are with shipping included using PayPal. If you want both I could do $25 shipped. I have links to my feedback in my...
When I bought replacement earpads for the DT150, they were shallower than the original pads and the sound was way too bassy. I switched back to the original pads and the balance was back. I wonder what pads the DT150 is shipped with now. I bought my pair used and the pads are thicker than the replacements I was sent. Maybe the new DT150's are being sent with shallower pads. All I know is I definitely prefer the sound signature of the originals.
I second the Contour Showcase recommendation. I have used these cases since my 4g iPod. I used an iSkin case before that, but I much prefer the look and feel of the Showcase.
It's been a quite a while since I picked up my used DT150 here on Head-Fi for ~$100, and it has to be my best purchase to date since joining this crazy forum. I find them competent with everything I throw at them. I have them paired up with an iBasso D3, and even out of my iPod Classic line out, the combo sounds fantastic. As far as comfort, I took a small leap of faith and purchased some Garfield Softies (chenille earpad covers) and the sticky stock pads are no...