or Connect

Posts by ckhirnigs113

I just ordered the UM3X yesterday, and the main thing I'm afraid of is the hiss you are describing. I had the UM2 and was often annoyed by this. Hopefully this won't be a deal breaker, but we'll see once they arrive. I have an iBasso D3, but I rarely want to lug it around with me. It stays connected to my computer most of the time. I'll report back on my experience with the UM3X and my iPod Classic both amped and unamped.
I also have a question about going unamped with the UM3X. What is the hiss level when used with an iPod (preferably the 160gb Classic or 5th gen) when using the headphone out. I used to own the UM2 and there was a noticeable hiss during quiet passages or with no music playing. I get no hiss with my PFE's, so I'd like to know what to expect with these new Westones. Also, how well are the UM3X responding to amplification. I have an iBasso D3 that I'd be using. Do...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreatDane Have you had the silicone tips get stuck in your ear yet? This hasn't ever happened to me. I find the tips to seal perfectly, and they come out of my ears with a a slight twist and pulling motion. Though, I have never had a tip come off in my ear on any IEM I've owned. I recently started wearing the PFE's straight down instead of over the ear. This is probably not the intended angle for the driver, but I...
Well after a few days listening to the PFE's I have really grown to like their sound with the black filters and the medium silicone tips. I got my Fiio E5 amp in, and I really like the iPod Classic > LOD > Fiio E5 > PFE setup. I have the bass boost enabled on the E5, but I go back and forth on whether the boost is necessary. I will have a better idea once the E5 is more thoroughly burned in. I've also listened using my iBasso D3 as a DAC only feeding the E5 and as a...
Well add me to the list of PFE users as of today. I'm listening to mine now with the pre-installed gray filters and the medium silicone tips. I have them connected to an iPod Classic > LOD > iBasso D3 and they sound great. I find them very balanced with just a little bit of brightness, but nothing that is annoying. I have a Fiio E5 on its way to me to use on the go. I also got the chance to listen to these with my Shuffle (1st gen), and they are a great combination....
As someone who has made the jump from IEMs to full-size phones, I feel somewhat qualified to hazard some advice. The best IEMs I've had were the Westone UM2s and the Altec Lansing IM716 (based on the ER-4P). These two were on opposite sides of the sonic spectrum, but I liked things about them each of them. I wanted phones that could offer up the strengths of both these. I have dabbled in portable amps as well. I owned the Minibox-E (along with the impressive Yuin...
I left some positive comments and 5-star ratings for both songs. My youtube handle is the same as here on Head-Fi: ckhirnigs113. She really does have an excellent voice, and she seems so in control of it from the lows to the highs.
Hi there, I have recently been double dipping in my efforts to stock up on Blu-rays, so I have these two DVDs to sell. 1. The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Four-Disc Extended Edition) -- $18 2. V for Vendetta (Two-Disc Special Edition) -- $10 Both films are in excellent condition (boxes and discs). The prices are with shipping included using PayPal. If you want both I could do $25 shipped. I have links to my feedback in my...
When I bought replacement earpads for the DT150, they were shallower than the original pads and the sound was way too bassy. I switched back to the original pads and the balance was back. I wonder what pads the DT150 is shipped with now. I bought my pair used and the pads are thicker than the replacements I was sent. Maybe the new DT150's are being sent with shallower pads. All I know is I definitely prefer the sound signature of the originals.
I second the Contour Showcase recommendation. I have used these cases since my 4g iPod. I used an iSkin case before that, but I much prefer the look and feel of the Showcase.