Posts by ckhirnigs113

I was one of the ones experiencing the issue with my UM3X, and I have contacted the seller and he has already gotten a replacement shipped out to me without even receiving the defective pair. I have no doubt that I will be taken care of by either my dealer or Westone in the future if another problem arises. I did not want this to be some type of scary story that dissuades others from making a purchase. Hopefully we are isolated cases, and there will not be any large...
Quote: Originally Posted by CooLy_oNE I just got my Westone 3 again...I used to have one, but I exchange it with UM3X..now I got a brand new one... So what made you switch back to the Westone 3 from the UM3X? I'd be interested to know if you still own the UM3X and which you have come to prefer.
I've already contacted the dealer and I will be getting my pair replaced. I just wanted to make sure the issue was known to someone that has the power to look further into it. I will hate to be without my new phones for a week or so since they just arrived, but I do want a pair without this vibration.
Quote: Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 It could either be a driver (unlikely) or it could be one of the other components (more likely) like the wires or caps. It should not be effecting the sound quality. Lemme go check a few in the assembly lab and see if I cannot also find one that does this. When wearing the phones with no music playing, tap lightly on the body of the UM3X with your fingernail. It will be obvious if the housing has a...
Just for further clarification, I have been doing all my listening with my iBasso D3 connected to my PC. I'll try my 160gb iPod Classic tomorrow as well.
I used to own the UM2 years ago, and I may not be remembering correctly, but these sound VERY similar. I assume others have had the chance to compare the two directly. Just like when I had the UM2, I feel that the UM3X need some treble boost. They sound muffled in the highs to me. Again, I'm still in the first few hours of listening, and many have said they had a similar impression in the beginning. I'm still hoping for the veil to go away. I'll leave them playing...
If the vibration is not affecting the sound, then I may be one of the first to have a negative impression of the UM3X. I found them to be a little muddy and the clarity seemed to be lacking. I did just make the transition from PFE's, so that could be the reason for the impression. I already returned the PFE's for a refund before the UM3X arrived, so there is no chance at a head-to-head comparison. I hope that the vibration is somehow negatively affecting the sound, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by layg I just received a pair of the um3x... One oddity, the left earphone vibrates when I tap on it. There is enough vibration that, not only can I hear it, but I can feel it when I tap the earpiece in my fingertips. The right side has no such vibration. I am assuming this is not normal. Has this occured to anyone else? I just received my pair of UM3X today, and I am experiencing the same exact situation that he...
I'm no expert on the subject, but I tend to think there is a period of time for your ears and brain to become accustomed to new phones. It is hard to know whether you are indeed hearing "burn-in" or just getting used to the new phones.
I just ordered the UM3X yesterday, and the main thing I'm afraid of is the hiss you are describing. I had the UM2 and was often annoyed by this. Hopefully this won't be a deal breaker, but we'll see once they arrive. I have an iBasso D3, but I rarely want to lug it around with me. It stays connected to my computer most of the time. I'll report back on my experience with the UM3X and my iPod Classic both amped and unamped.